Mens Tennis Forums banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Re: Week 47: Helsinki (Entry List)

Bachinger looks on his way to victory. After he played like total shit in Sao Paulo, I'm surprised and disappointed he's seeming to have found form here. Hopefully Istomin comes back.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

Bachinger looks on his way to victory. After he played like total shit in Sao Paulo, I'm surprised and disappointed he's seeming to have found form here. Hopefully Istomin comes back.
didn't you use to dislike Istomin?

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

I hate Bachinger more than I dislike Istomin. Also Bachinger is close to top 100, which would be a disaster. So I was rooting for Bachinger to lose more than anything.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

mannarino :facepalm: defeating berankis and losing next round... :spit:

·
Registered
282 Posts

2nd set was a bit more balanced, but Dustin didn't allow Elgin a single break point. 6:0 7:5 is the final result.

Other results:

Dancevic - Zopp 6:3, 6:3
Brands - Berrer 4:6, 6:3, 6:4

Despite this loss Berrer should have his top 100 rank secured, and hopefully also a spot in the AO main draw. Brands is on his way back to the top 100, although he won't be able to accomplish it this week.

Hopefully Bachinger beats Przysiężny in the last match today, then we'll have 3 Germans in the semi finals :)

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Brands has really stepped his game up this indoor season. As much as I hate to admit, when he's on, he's a dangerous and good player on these sorts of courts.

Glad to see Frank having a run again here as well.

·
Registered
417 Posts

Brands vs Brown in one semi
Dancevic vs ? in the other?
Good tournament so far !

·
Registered
417 Posts

I would love a Dancevic vs Brands final!

·
Registered
282 Posts

And it is an all German final :)
Bachinger - Dancevic 6:3, 6:4
Brands - Brown 6:4, 3:6, 6:3

Bachinger had 1 breakpoint in each set and used both of them, Dancevic didn't get a single break point. Brands got an early break in each set; in the second set Brown managed to come back, in the other two sets he didn't... Nevertheless a good last tournament for Dustin after a pretty bad season, which saw him fall from rank 89 down to 180. I hope he can build on that, would love to see him play in a few more ATP tournaments one day!

Now I hope Bachinger wins the final, so we have at least 8 Germans in the AO main draw :)

·
Registered
417 Posts

Come on Dani tomorrow :)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Quite unpredictable final considering the players that took place here. Bachinger achieved some good victories like the ones over Paire, Istomin and Dancevic. Brands can't be consider a surprise though and is my favourite to win tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

And it is an all German final :)
Bachinger - Dancevic 6:3, 6:4
Brands - Brown 6:4, 3:6, 6:3

Bachinger had 1 breakpoint in each set and used both of them, Dancevic didn't get a single break point. Brands got an early break in each set; in the second set Brown managed to come back, in the other two sets he didn't... Nevertheless a good last tournament for Dustin after a pretty bad season, which saw him fall from rank 89 down to 180. I hope he can build on that, would love to see him play in a few more ATP tournaments one day!

Now I hope Bachinger wins the final, so we have at least 8 Germans in the AO main draw :)
iirc Bachinger's in the MD already. Cue Filo V whinging...

·
Registered
17,405 Posts

Brands def Bachinger 7-6(2) 7-6(5)
Will Brands be in top 110 and have chances for AO MD?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Very important victory for Brands, specially for a player that plays well in all surfaces. He has the potential to be a top 70/50 ranked player but he should be more stable and consistent during matches (not to mention along a whole year).
Good week for Bachinger too who is jumping inside the top 100 and should be in the main entry list for AO 2012.
Brands is going to jump close to the 110 ranking. He will be close to get inside the MD of AO 2012 (will depend of players pulling out of the main list)

BTW, this is the end of 2011 CH tournaments :(. Till next year in Noumea :)

141 - 160 of 167 Posts