Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Week 47: Guayaquil-2 (Entry List)

What RRH is doing loosing first set.. Was *5-4 0-40 and lost 6-4..
2nd set is nice too. What is that Palla?
RRH sold the match or what. Maybe somebody was watching video.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

Pathetic 2nd set by Ruben, 4/20 service pts won :help:

It hasn't been a bad season for him after all. Top-130 in singles and top-60 in doubles is not bad for a player that is almost 34 years old, but could've been much better in singles imo. Let's see whether he wants to keep playing or decides to call it a day like King Oscar and Santi Ventura did earlier this year :sad:

·
Registered
80 Posts

Tired. Just that. He eas out for so many time this season, then he strart to play again. He wasn't used to so many straight matches and tournaments, so he was getting tired in the end. He will do a perfect start next season, believe me. Top 100 is waiting for him next season, and top 50 in 2 years time.
ahahhahah top 100 top 50 :eek::eek::eek::eek: , no chance he will go down next year , he dont have any talent for that .... his ranking will be from 200 to 300 places ....shit of player

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Such great week for Pedro Sousa, Viola and Pella. Pella and Sousa reached final and SF coming from the quallies. On this Latin American swing Sousa lost in 1st round in Quito and SF in Guayaquil but failed to qualify in Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Sao Leopoldo, Buenos Aires and Montevideo so at least the effort was worth in some say by this performance in Guayaquil jumping in the top 350. At this stage of his career I find it hard to believe he can even make it even on the CH tour.
Pella is a talented player but extremely mentally weak. I hope he can mature on time because he has the tennis to be a CH tour player. If he wins he will be not so far of the top 300. If he loses he will be around 380. For a player of his temple this performance can be a good motivation for him.
I'd never seen Viola playing before but with this performance he may be around the top 170 if he lose in the final and close tot he top 150 if he wins.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Final. Viola bt 6-1/6-1. It was a levelled match till 4-4 in the 1st set. Viola broke Pella to close the first set and Pella showed a non fighting attitude (one more time). His attitude on court is the one that took him where he is. Really a shame because he could be a CH level player.
Viola is nothing extraordinary. His tennis is a cheap version of Volandri`s one. Not so many mistakes, long rallies, descent backhand and that`s all. Now he is going to jump in the top 160.
Pella is going to jump around 380 and still at 21 having to play again in Future events in 2012.

·
Banned
4,017 Posts

^ Viola is way better than what you said :shrug: She always hits for the winner, he's very aggressive on court, and the comparison with Volandri is just :facepalm:
Hopefully, he will finally start to understand his real valour and will get wins on wins.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

^ Viola is way better than what you said :shrug: She always hits for the winner, he's very aggressive on court, and the comparison with Volandri is just :facepalm:
Hopefully, he will finally start to understand his real valour and will get wins on wins.
The first time I watched Viola playing was last night. Pella was the one that attacked (well and mainly badly) during the whole match, while Viola took a passive attitude where he decided to play long rallies and waiting for Pella to make mistakes. I didn`t watch anything extraordinary on Viola`s game but if you watched/saw him playing more than once I give you the right hand :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts