Mens Tennis Forums banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Re: Week 46 : Salzburg (Entry List)

This is freaking pity for him, but at least, he has nearly ensured his place in main draw for Australian Open.

After smooth first set I didn´t expect something like this ...

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

The match yesterday predictably took everything out of AHM. Benoit played well today, and if he plays this way, he should win tomorrow over a guy who really doesn't have the weapons to hurt him. It's all up to him to handle his business and continue behaving in a professional manner.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

He's not totally assured a spot in Australia. The official cut-off is #102, which is exactly where he's going to be after this result. But then Becker and Haas for sure will be in Australia, using PR's, and potentially Gonzalez, among others. So he needs to win the event to be sure.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

i want zemlja to win this :)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Zemlja pinched another great victory over Karol like the previous ones over Brands and Phau. He deserves to win the title here inspite of Paire will be not an easy rival.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Benoit had 30-15 second serve at 6-*5 and made three atrocious errors. Just makes too many basic mistakes. Zemlja doesn't do a whole lot but he doesn't have to. Really disappointing.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #154

Paire gets another lucky letcord but Zemlja was up 6-1.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #158

Justice for that lucky letcord.

Žemlja 7-6(6)

No break points at all in the 1st set, but the surface isn't so fast.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Zemlja deserved it, I don't like to see sets decided on lucky shots. Too solid. Benoit can still easily turn this around if he cuts the errors.

141 - 160 of 179 Posts