Saturday OOP:

Centre Court:
Matches start at 10:00 AM

Alexander Peya [AUT, 3] vs. Yen-Hsun Lu [TPE, 2]
Andrew Coelho [AUS, WC] vs. Peter Luczak [AUS, 8]
Healey & Smeets [AUS, 4]
vs. Ratiwatana & Ratiwatana [THA, 2]

Re: Week 46: Caloundra, Australia [Qualifying Draw + Main Draw]

one of the aussies is going to win this tournament, hopefully....

in the doubles draw, i hope for ratiwatana/ratiwatana

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Re: Week 46: Caloundra, Australia [Final: Peter Luczak vs. Yen-Hsun Lu]

Semifinals
(8)Peter Luczak (AUS) d. (WC)Andrew Coelho (AUS) 6-4 6-4
(2)Yen-Hsun Lu (TPE) d. (3)Alexander Peya (AUT) 6-3 6-1

Discussion starter · #69 ·

Doubles Semifinals
Carsten Ball/Adam Feeney (AUS) d. Paul Baccanello/Chris Guccione (AUS) 4-6 6-3 (10-4)
(4)Nathan Healey/Robert Smeets (AUS) d. (2)Sanchai Ratiwatana/Sonchat Ratiwatana (THA) 6-7(6) 6-4 (10-7)

Go Peter Luczak in finale :worship:

Oooo ya, my bud Rendy took home the title :banana:

I am so happy for him. He's had a great run for the past four weeks, trying to get the direct acceptance to the AO.

Rendy's got a favorable draw next week in Kawana. As how they say it in Taiwan, "ga yo Rendy!!"

I watched this match, and it started off with the 2 players seeming to be matched pretty evenly. Luczak was hitting hard and accurate groundstrokes, with Lu counterpunching well. At 2-2 however, Luczak completely lost the plot. He forfeited serve, held a break point in the fifth game, but quickly surrended it.

As the Aussie crowd became more desperate, Luczak became more paranoid and ended up losing the first set 6-3. The second set was even worse. Despite hitting a sloppy patch, Lu started to open his shoulders and hit some great winners. He won 6 games in a row to easily claim the match from a frustrated, error prone and frankly very disappointing Luczak.

Game, set and match to the better player, Yen Hsun Lu. Well done Lu, and good luck at Kawana!

This was a great match with lots of quick, accurate reflex volleys. However, Nathan Healy was by far the best player on court. His serve was like clockwork, volleying was effortless and he even amused the crowd with a dive volley (on hard court), perfect lobs and rifles at the opposing net players.

It is clear to me that Healy very much deserves a wildcard into the Adelaide, Sydney and Aussie Open events, as he works hard and has loads of natural talent. He should get wildcards before the oft-injured Mark Philippoussis, the overrated Chris Guccione (who only has a serve), Wayne Arthurs (who now has nothing) and Peter Luczak (very disappointing)

OZTENNIS;4474155 It is clear to me that Healy very much deserves a wildcard into the Adelaide said:
I wouldn't say that, some of his results have been poor. Filp has about a million times more talent than healey will ever have, guccione is overrated but still is more talented than healey, wanyo has done a lot for australain tennis and should ahve his final swansong and luzcak has had better results than healey.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.