Mens Tennis Forums banner

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Week 46 : Bratislava (Entry List)

It's simple as long as he remains fit, then Berankis will get back into the top 100, doesn't matter when it happens. Win matches then ranking looks after itself.
Well, yes, he's just 21, in a year or two he might be a different player.
And as long as he is fit he can collect plenty of points during spring and summer time when he doesn't have to defend many points.

However, it's disappointing to see a player wasting chances and losing to players who are really beatable.
Ricardas plays nicely, but it's so inconsistent as well. Those unforced errors and free points which he gives away make the outcome as we saw today.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
the kind of crap rycka is prone to is what you cant get away with on the main tour and why , until he can work that out he wont do much and he will have to bounce between challengers and the main tour to maintain a ranking in the top 100

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Rycka consistently goes deep in challengers, though. Rarely does he lose early. So it's not even a concern if he can make it through this level, which he's shown he can. The question is, can he break through whatever mental hurdle that prevents him from sealing the deal in winning tournaments.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You guys almost forgot that Lacko led 5*:3, 15-0 in first set then missed easy forehand.

Back again, Lacko led 6:5* and 40-15, missed brutal easy forehand, court was wide open, Berankis could only watch.

That tiebreaker was only Ricardas stupidity, that he made 2 UE. And 2nd set was easy job for Lukas.

Congratulations Luky ! :) You played very good tournament, I am very happy for you :)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
congrats lukas :hug:
i prefer rycka, but i like lukas too.looks like he is back, nice for tennis :)

261 - 267 of 267 Posts