Mens Tennis Forums banner

241 - 260 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Re: Week 46 : Bratislava (Entry List)

First Lacko let Berankis off the hook, as he blew setpoints at *5-6. Then Berankis returned the favour. Four setpoints gone, with three being on his own serve.

C'mon Rycka!

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

rycka fight please^^

·
Registered
8 Posts

Really frustrating for Berankis...
Let's hope he will repeat the story as on last 3 matches after losing the first set and eventually winning those matches.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts

Well well. No worry he will get the break back soon but still will find a way to loose in the end.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

and there it is

its so f*king enraging

to go from 6-3 and 7-6 on his serve in that tiebreak and then blow all 4 points and then get broken to start

on top of that it puts one of the players i really cant stand the lost close to the top 100 again if he does lose this. you have rycka who wants to be top 100 and lacko who doesnt seem to give a shit either way

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Well, once again Rycka has put himself in a bad position. Can he dig himself out this time? He can break Lacko but Lacko is playing above himself. Gonna be difficult. This can get ugly very fast.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

i dont think i can watch this any longer

and rycka is fast becoming one of those players you hate to follow in some ways

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Lacko won't finish top 100 this season, the damage this does is that it means Rycka has to win the tournament next week to keep his top 100 spot. If he wins this event, then all he may need is a SF or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I must admit, really hard to watch the match now.
Rycka seems like rushing the game and missing the shots by the mile...
A shame, he is so better than that...

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

Lacko won't finish top 100 this season, the damage this does is that it means Rycka has to win the tournament next week to keep his top 100 spot. If he wins this event, then all he may need is a SF or so.
you'll understand if i have no confidence at all in his ability to defend his title

it was questionable in the first place

but thats what he gets for continuously blowing his chances in matches until this point.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts

Looks like Rycka defeated himself...Well it was a good tournament for him. He could win today, definatelly was a better player in 1st set, but self destruckted after waysting 4 setpoints.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

you'll understand if i have no confidence at all in his ability to defend his title

it was questionable in the first place

but thats what he gets for continuously blowing his chances in matches until this point.
Neither do I, but he's got a good draw. As you said, though, he shouldn't be in this position, and it's his fault that he is. But we'll see what happens. He knows more than anyone what is required.

·
Registered
8 Posts

What Im worried about is that Rycka mentally will put himself in a situation where for the next year he will be stuck in challengers...
These last 2 weeks with defending 145 points, then in January defending 122 points... And after today he does not look strong enough to defend that.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #258

Lacko *5-1

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #259

What Im worried about is that Rycka mentally will put himself in a situation where for the next year he will be stuck in challengers...
These last 2 weeks with defending 145 points, then in January defending 122 points... And after today he does not look strong enough to defend that.
It's simple as long as he remains fit, then Berankis will get back into the top 100, doesn't matter when it happens. Win matches then ranking looks after itself.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #260

Home crowd fans go home happy.

Lacko 7-6 6-2

241 - 260 of 267 Posts