Mens Tennis Forums banner

601 - 619 of 619 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Re: Week 46: Bratislava, Slovakia [Entry List]

Fuck you, Stefan. Fuck you so much. I just cannot fucking believe you. Losing to Klizan of all players. Absolutely disgraceful beyond belief. 33 and cannot get past the mental demons.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Stefan can definitely still win this. He just has to hold on to the serve. It's not as if Klizan is so much better than him at all or even playing amazing himself. The second Stefan stops bullshitting he can get something done here, but time is running out.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts

Anyone expects a choke when Klizan will serve for the championship?

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

I don't expect a choke personally, I think he's going to be empowered. It depends on how well he serves. In rallies, it's definitely 50-50.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Stefan is being SO MUCH more defensive than any other match this week. He didn't get to this point playing this way, I don't understand why he's playing like this now. He's so tense out there. His serve has no power like it had, his movement is abysmal, and he isn't hitting with power on his forehand.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts

LOL. Koubek didn't even give Klizan a chance to choke. Nice victory for Klizan, let's see how his career will evolve next season.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

GSM KLIZAN 7-6(4),6-2 Shame it ended on a double fault,but fair play to klizan he played great all week fully deserves the title.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Maybe this is the start of something for Klizan. I don't really think so, since this is in Slovakia. I think the home crowd helped him big time in this event, I question if he can produce this level in other countries. But he definitely has earned the title with his big fight in the previous matches with Harrison and Kudryavtsev.

As for Koubek, no words needed for his shockingly embarrassing display. But he's a known choker and one of the biggest on tour these days, unfortunately at almost 34, that isn't something he's grown out of. Really a damn shame, I'm so so dejected. He needs to win the event next week to make the AO MD.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Fantastic week for Klizan winning his first Challenger tour title and what such better way to do it than at home soil. This victory is not only going to help to his confidence but his going to help him to jump on his rankings to the top 160.

Maybe he is not a fantastic player but decent enough to play on the Challenger tour for a while. Congrats for all the Slovakians fans.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Maybe this is the start of something for Klizan. I don't really think so, since this is in Slovakia. I think the home crowd helped him big time in this event, I question if he can produce this level in other countries. But he definitely has earned the title with his big fight in the previous matches with Harrison and Kudryavtsev.

As for Koubek, no words needed for his shockingly embarrassing display. But he's a known choker and one of the biggest on tour these days, unfortunately at almost 34, that isn't something he's grown out of. Really a damn shame, I'm so so dejected. He needs to win the event next week to make the AO MD.
At this stage of Stefan I don`t think that he is even considering the possibility to play the AO. The positive thing of this week is that he proved that can spend one year more on the Challenger tour and focus on a similar schedule to Rainer Schuettler.

·
Registered
282 Posts
In his blog Stefan Koubek wrote that he sees no more chances at getting into the top 100, but he already booked his flight for Australia nevertheless. So I guess that means he plans on playing the qualies.

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Fantastic week for Klizan winning his first Challenger tour title and what such better way to do it than at home soil. This victory is not only going to help to his confidence but his going to help him to jump on his rankings to the top 160.

Maybe he is not a fantastic player but decent enough to play on the Challenger tour for a while. Congrats for all the Slovakians fans.
He has a lot of talent and it's nice to see him finally putting it to use.

Keep it up, Martin. :yeah:

601 - 619 of 619 Posts