Mens Tennis Forums banner

581 - 600 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Re: Week 46: Bratislava, Slovakia [Entry List]

Iván is right,Stefan's level of play has been outstanding this week,hope he'll win tomorrow,he definitely deserves it!

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Damn, Jamie is pulling some good results in doubles. Beat a good team and also beat the Slovak at home. Is he high enough to make the AO now? And are he and Fleming full time now?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

Stefan is playing SOOOO well right now. Where the fuck was this throughout the season? I guess he's got more motivation to try to get to top 100. Or maybe he's just healthier now. Whatever it is, I'm loving this aggressive Stefan.
In his tennisnet blog he says he doesn't feel pressure and doesn't really care for these tournaments now, since he most probably won't get in the top 100 by the end of the year. He doesn't prepare for his matches, has breakfast at MC Donald's, always drinks a coffee with his wife before going on court. He plays for fun, he says. Before his match vs Lacko he even went shopping with his wife before the match :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts

Damn, Jamie is pulling some good results in doubles. Beat a good team and also beat the Slovak at home. Is he high enough to make the AO now? And are he and Fleming full time now?
Fleming is teaming up with Ross Hutchins next year. No news on Jamie's partner yet (obviously his win in Valencia catipulted him into a different league) but yes he will be high 50's/low 60's after this so high enough to make AO with anyone in the top 100.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Stefan is done at this stage of his career. He has always been an unstable player so anything is possible for tomorrow. I don`t think that he is thinking on his ranking. I`m just wondering if he is thinking about joining that groupie of players retiring this week as Vanek and Hrbaty:awww:
I would be a bit surprised if Stefan retired now since he's had this great week, but I definitely wouldn't be completely perplexed. He may be done as a top player for sure, but I still think he can get some things accomplished, but as he states, he plays for fun now, so you're right he's not thinking of the ranking, that's his goal, see the world with his wife, enjoy playing the game he loves. It's a good perspective to have, certainly helped him this week.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

In his tennisnet blog he says he doesn't feel pressure and doesn't really care for these tournaments now, since he most probably won't get in the top 100 by the end of the year. He doesn't prepare for his matches, has breakfast at MC Donald's, always drinks a coffee with his wife before going on court. He plays for fun, he says. Before his match vs Lacko he even went shopping with his wife before the match :cool:
Makes me like him even more than I already do :) He's almost 34, he definitely has earned the right to just have fun on the court, and of course the pressure would be off now as he's seen and been through it all, and his career is near completion, add to the fact he's married now. And with guys like Koubek, he does better when there isn't any pressure anyway.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Fleming is teaming up with Ross Hutchins next year. No news on Jamie's partner yet (obviously his win in Valencia catipulted him into a different league) but yes he will be high 50's/low 60's after this so high enough to make AO with anyone in the top 100.
Thank you :wavey: I remember reading about the Fleming/Hutchins pairing, should be better than Flemski. Good to see Jamie getting that ranking up there to play MDs at majors. I think with the right partner he could do damage on the ATP tour.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Kudryavtsev had no business losing the match to Klizan. Just total self-destruction. But you have to love the determination from Klizan.

Based on the performance of each today, and the length spent on court in the event, unless he has a serious loss in form or Klizan is amazing and the crowd has enough of an impact to close the difference, Stefan should win easily in the final. We'll see what happens.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Ridiculous from Stefan. He should have broken there and completely fucked up all of the break points. And now a forehand miss on the first point of the tiebreak. Looks like old Stefan may be making a return.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

He had absolutely no business losing that set. Just absolute capitulation from him. Total self-destruction. He had chance after chance and just kept fucking them up. Let's see if he fights back now or if he lets this amazing opportunity of this tournament victory get away from him.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

I don't know why he's being so defensive and not authoritative. He got here by being offensive and aggressive and he's not playing that way anymore and when he does he's making poor errors. He says he plays with no pressure but he's playing like the pressure has gotten to him.

581 - 600 of 619 Posts