Registered
67,452 Posts
Re: Week 45 : Ortisei (Entry List)

kravchuk 4-3 bemelmans third set.no breaks

·
Registered
144 Posts

Its the 1200 m altitude that's making this so fast. And I think they may be using the Tretorn Series+ balls , which adds more speed! This is a Bross Slide PVC carpet with rubber granules on top http://www.bross-tennis.com/PRODUCTS/slide01.html

So as far as carpets go - this is actually a little slower and more bounce. Add in the altitude and light ball and some of the bounces are ridiculous. Its brown like clay and some of the bounces look like clay.

Fastest conditions on tour - probably - why would the tournament use a fast ball and carpet in 1200m altitude?? Dont know except maybe they want the Challenger season over quick ...hehe

Same thing last week in Eckental - that surface actually a straight up pvc carpet - was slicker than this one - but only 300m and I think a HEad ball was used - heavier.

Anyway, the Challenger circuit is getting quicker as the ATP circuit gets slower

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

the livescores died =S

·
Registered
19,480 Posts

Hernych d Del Bonis 64 63
Kravchuk d Bemelmans 64 67 76
Petzschner d Becker 67 76 62

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

ruben :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Its the 1200 m altitude that's making this so fast. And I think they may be using the Tretorn Series+ balls , which adds more speed! This is a Bross Slide PVC carpet with rubber granules on top http://www.bross-tennis.com/PRODUCTS/slide01.html

So as far as carpets go - this is actually a little slower and more bounce. Add in the altitude and light ball and some of the bounces are ridiculous. Its brown like clay and some of the bounces look like clay.

Fastest conditions on tour - probably - why would the tournament use a fast ball and carpet in 1200m altitude?? Dont know except maybe they want the Challenger season over quick ...hehe

Same thing last week in Eckental - that surface actually a straight up pvc carpet - was slicker than this one - but only 300m and I think a HEad ball was used - heavier.

Anyway, the Challenger circuit is getting quicker as the ATP circuit gets slower
Thanks for the information . This is a great post:wavey:

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Inspite of Hernych is a dangerous player and he likes this sort of surfaces (plus indoor) it's quite surprising to see him beating Petzschner though. Ram took advantage of an easy draw. There isnt a clear favourite to win here.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts

Inspite of Hernych is a dangerous player and he likes this sort of surfaces (plus indoor) it's quite surprising to see him beating Petzschner though. Ram took advantage of an easy draw. There isnt a clear favourite to win here.
Ram should be a big fave IMO.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Jan has to win, though. He just has to. And I think he'll find a way. The big strength in his game is his return and I expect that will eventually lead to him breaking a few times and winning.

·
Registered
565 Posts

Ram 80/91 (88%) service points won against Kravchuk in SF.

I haven't been following this tournament real closely, obviously this court is faster than any ATP events, but is this the fastest court on all of challenger tour? I'd imagine so, as the stats of servers are flat out ridiculous in some matches.

·
Registered
14,832 Posts

His baseline game just isn't there yet and probably will never be but i'm not complaining since i'm having a lot fun while watching Rajeev. He reminds me of 90's tennis. When he plays in a big event on center court, Sampras, Ivanisevic, Edberg etc. coming into my mind. Simply a nostalgic player and deserves to be in top 100. So we can see him in big events much more.

Actually after winning Newport title, probably he didn't make enough hard-work and played awful for a long time but you can clearly see that he had some good tournaments this year and showed what he's able to do. Top class serve, nice volleying, serve and volley, chip and charge... He looks like Sampras when he's doing these things but his forehand and backhand are weak which is unfortunate. I don't wait to create damage from him with his one-handed backhand, he can slice from that side but forehand should be much better if he works on it. He simply has the power but that swing is weird.

Anyway, he's doing great since last week. Bagged his first title since 2 years and he can get back-to-back titles if he beats Jan. (i believe, he will!) Title in here will take him into top 150. Then 2012 could be a nice year for him. I am hungry to see Rajeev in top 100 next year in advence! Best of luck for him.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts