Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Re: Week 45 : Knoxville (Entry List)

Another great week for Levine in his attemp to return back close to the top 100. He is too good to be a Future events player. Hopefully he will win the title here if he is not too tired.

·
Registered
14,832 Posts

Smoke, do you know about this guy? He played just a few tournament this year. Didn't played a SINGLE tournament in 2009 and 2008. His career ranking high is 172 in 2004?!?!? Very very weird stats. And now he's making the final of a challenger from qualifying. This is the weirdest run i've ever seen.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

Smoke, do you know about this guy? He played just a few tournament this year. Didn't played a SINGLE tournament in 2009 and 2008. His career ranking high is 172 in 2004?!?!? Very very weird stats. And now he's making the final of a challenger from qualifying. This is the weirdest run i've ever seen.
Read the other pages
People said how talented he is

·
Registered
14,832 Posts

Ahh, sorry, i just saw it. Very interesting story, i'll follow him very closely and actually now going to read every article about this guy. Any video of his hitting? I couldn't find a one on youtube.

·
Registered
14,832 Posts

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=15099&zoneid=6

Former junior standout Brian Baker upsets fourth-seeded Izak Van der Merwe, 6-2, 6-3, in the second round of the $50,000 USTA Knoxville Challenger. Baker, 26, turned pro at age 18 after reaching the final of the Roland Garros juniors, but has been beset by injuries. He missed three seasons after having Tommy John surgery in February of 2008 and is only playing his fourth tournament of the year. He’s also had hip surgery.

"I mean, you dedicate so much time and have some success, it's not something that it's easy to put the racquets up and try something else," Baker, currently No. 666, told the Knoxville News. "I figured if it doesn't work out, I can always go back (to school). I don't want to wait till I'm 30 if I can't play to go get my degree. I figured I was healthy enough (to play). The main surgeries that I've had are feeling pretty good, and I just decided, 'Let's give it a go. If it works out, awesome, let's go as long as I can, and if it doesn't, go back and finish up (school) and do something else."

·
Registered
80 Posts

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=15099&zoneid=6

Former junior standout Brian Baker upsets fourth-seeded Izak Van der Merwe, 6-2, 6-3, in the second round of the $50,000 USTA Knoxville Challenger. Baker, 26, turned pro at age 18 after reaching the final of the Roland Garros juniors, but has been beset by injuries. He missed three seasons after having Tommy John surgery in February of 2008 and is only playing his fourth tournament of the year. He’s also had hip surgery.

"I mean, you dedicate so much time and have some success, it's not something that it's easy to put the racquets up and try something else," Baker, currently No. 666, told the Knoxville News. "I figured if it doesn't work out, I can always go back (to school). I don't want to wait till I'm 30 if I can't play to go get my degree. I figured I was healthy enough (to play). The main surgeries that I've had are feeling pretty good, and I just decided, 'Let's give it a go. If it works out, awesome, let's go as long as I can, and if it doesn't, go back and finish up (school) and do something else."

i wish him so much luck , hope he will back where he belong :wavey:

41 - 60 of 61 Posts