Registered
67,452 Posts
Re: Week 45 : Buenos Aires (Entry List)

velotti lost today :hug:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

Some dumb people here bashing on Rui Machado He was by far the best challenger player during the season and will finish at least in top 75. He played a lot this season too, so he's very tired, like he said on his facebook status, and I don't expect him to go far in São Paulo, but anyway, what a great season by him. Julio Silva is not half of the player of Rui and you know he would be destroyed in any normal day of Machado.

And people here saying it's not a good comeback to South America of Rui? I guess to SF apearances it's awful...

Anyway Gastão is doing a pretty good season, and each week i get more sure of this. Without injuries, he will be the best portuguese player ever. Not going to be easy tomorrow against Gil, cause Fred needs a lot this points do secure AO main draw. It would be a very good match, I think.

·
Registered
12,810 Posts

Machado also lost two years ago to Silva at Sao Paulo Challenger in october. Machado was just like another player until 2009, now he finally found some nice form, nevertheless Silva can still beat Machado anyday Machado "feels tired".

·
Registered
6,874 Posts

machado sucks

·
Registered
210 Posts

I really don't know how Gil let this match go to a third set, he was playing very well at the 1st and seemed safe at the 2nd. No idea how this happened...

·
Registered
665 Posts

Gil tanked it like a pro for his fellow countryman. Kidding :)

Elias defeated some nice challenger names here, but almost 9 hours on court, Silva defeated him twice already this year, Julio should do business here as well.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

Gastão is leading *3-0 in the opening set, looks promising!

Anyway, no matter what happen today, just want to remind the Gastão was this year 2 months out with injury, and still manage to climb almost 800(!!) places in the last year. I have no doubt that without injuries he will be at least a top 50 player and with evem less doubt, the best portuguese ever.

And the good thing, he can play very good in any surface, he's not the typical portuguese claycourter. Just to remind is only 20.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts