Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Re: Week 44: Medellin, Colombia [Entry List]

Amazing defeat for Zeballos. Salamanca is an ok player for Challengers but Horacio is a better player than him. I`m afraid that Horacio`s latest results shows that his present tennis belongs to this level.

If he can start to play well again I think he can return to be a top 70 and play decently on ATP doubles aswell.

This is a good week for Cabal especially with his surprising victory over Machado.

Another great week for Daniel who is leading one set up against Charly on there semifinal match.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts

I really starting to like Marcos more and more.. hope he can be all time best Challnegers player

·
Registered
4,070 Posts

Shame we don't have Stream from Medellin,want to see the final :sad:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Marcos is a really great grounded guy off the court, he gets moody on the court and obviously he's probably best known for the AO incident with the fan. Anyway, he really has a good game. His backhand may be a top 50 shot. Really good first serve, too. He's just never been able to translate his results outside of challengers in Colombia and Brazil. But he's definitely proven himself as a great challenger player.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

QFs

Carlos SALAMANCA (COL) vs [1] Horacio ZEBALLOS (ARG) 6-7(6) 6-4 6-4
Juan Sebastian CABAL (COL) vs [4] Rui MACHADO (POR) 6-3 6-1
Marcos DANIEL (BRA) vs Leonardo TAVARES (POR) 3-6 7-6(6) 6-4
[2] Carlos BERLOCQ (ARG) vs Paul CAPDEVILLE (CHI) 6-4 7-5

SFs

Carlos SALAMANCA (COL) vs Juan Sebastian CABAL (COL)
Marcos DANIEL (BRA) vs [2] Carlos BERLOCQ (ARG) 6-2 7-6(5)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

I really starting to like Marcos more and more.. hope he can be all time best Challnegers player
Luiz Mattar should be the one among Brazilian players :)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

I still don't approve some of his attitudes during matches, but I do like to watch him playing, very interesting game.
Agree. Besides he is one match away of winning his 2nd straight Challenger tour title and some steps away of the top 100. Not that bad.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Impressive victory for Cabal. Obviously, Daniel is the extreme favorite here, but the Colombia factor will help Cabal, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

daniel is on fire!!!

·
Registered
4,070 Posts

Yeeeeeees

In second set Marcos was 5-4 down and 0-30 and then 15-40 on his serve... he saved all that. In next game Cabal made 40-0 and then 5 consecutive points for Marcos,for 6-5 lead. After that he steadily finished match

6-3 7-5 for 14th Challenger crown :worship:

61 - 80 of 83 Posts