Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Re: Week 44 : Eckental (Entry List)

yes!

6-4, 2-6, 7-6 to andi

really wasnt looking good for him in that 3rd set but he found a way to win. Good combination of fight and choking on his part as usual

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

Finally he won

6-4 2-6 7-6(7)

Well done Beck :yeah: didn't expect to win when broken in the 3rd set

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

Rampras in Eckental the locals need to appreciate greatness.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Shit, I'm happy Karol won that set, but totally undeserved. This Krawietz kid just gave it up with awful easy errors. Karol needs to win this match and I'll be happy with his week, he's not playing well enough to do much more.

Hopefully Andreas Beck wins the title and gets to the top 100.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Krawietz also didn´t deserve it. Pathetic set from both, but who cares. All I need is Karol´s win here. This Krawietz thing is a joke, he has really nothing, except of solid serve... Karol was extremely lucky at the end of TB, but I still think he was a little bit better player overall. It should only get better now.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

That's true, I really don't care how Karol plays, as long as he wins. He is the better overall player, he's starting to serve better in the second set. Gotta build up some positive form for tomorrow.

·
Registered
795 Posts

So, it´s Karol vs. Brands in semis... Tough, tough matchup. Brands is excellent server and is at home. It´s not the style I like, Karol will definitely need to play his best. He isn´t doing it so far this week, so I guess Brands will win. Unfortunately, but I hope I am wrong.

·
Registered
19,478 Posts

A.Beck d. Hernych 76 64
K.Beck d. Krawietz 76 62
Brands d. Bemelmans 75 64
Ram d. Brown 75 63

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

K. Beck def. Brands 6-4 6-4

Proud of Karol. After a long period of struggles and poor losses, he's taken advantage of a weak draw and done what he needs to do. Now he should finish top 100 and make the AO direct.

·
Registered
795 Posts

K.Beck d. Brands 6-4, 6-4.

Well played by Karol, he was returning very nicely today and was really solid. I really didn´t expect him to win this match, but it was his best match by far in this tournament and it came in the right moment. Brands didn´t lose a single service game in this tournament till this match, where he was broken 4 times. As I said before, Karol is a kind of player who seems to play like a crap for months and then he comes with great tournament completely out of nowhere. This is just another example of it. Hats down, Karol! Now, he has got almost guaranteed top 100 spot at the end of year.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

what an awful result ..andi goes down to rajeev

now i think he needs to make at least the semis at the ctf's if he wants top 100 by years end

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

well this result blows, was pretty much the worse outcome of all from who made the SF

81 - 100 of 103 Posts