Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Have arrived in Mass and oh no Justin lost. Oh well. And I forgot my camera........ :sad:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
I jinxed Justin and I am sorry. :sad:

But, Goldstein is still there, so enjoy his matches!

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
cobalt60 said:
Have arrived in Mass and oh no Justin lost. Oh well. And I forgot my camera........ :sad:
:hug: You'll still have a good time:) Have fun!!

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
hey all! Just returned from todays matches and forgive any typos as I am on a borrowed puter that is missing keys......

The Bosse Sports complex is a private club and very nice. First the scores then my observations which you can skip....

Kim(USA) df Gremelmayr( GER) 6-3,6-1
Delgado(PAR) df Vanek ( CZE) 4-6, 7-6,6-2
Dancevic(CAN) df Sa( BRA) 6-4,6-2

I had to leave to attend a 5th yr olds BDay party and left on the program was Blake/Roy vs Dragicevic/Gambill
then Goldstein vs Chadaj( what a head of hair!)

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Fee said:
I jinxed Justin and I am sorry. :sad:

But, Goldstein is still there, so enjoy his matches!
He was last up after 7pm and I coudnt stay :sad:

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Well the first match with Kim vs Gremelmayr was filled with many unforced errors. Therefore Kim won because he made less. G was getting pretty angry at himself and appeared to lose concentration. Neither player excited me today although I had seen Kim play qualies and first round in Montreal and he played well then. Kim is a bit of a quiet guy; very little emotion.

Next up-Delgado vs Vanek. Well Delgado made a new fan today. He had multiple chances in the first set and could not capitalize as Vaneks serve was awesome when it needed to be. The second set was close but Delgado was a guy on fire in the tiebreak and winning it gave him confidence. Third set was all Delgado. What impressed me most was his calm under pressure. Even when he made errors or was down in the set he kept his cool and kept his gameplan. Vanek lost confidence and that was that. And after the match; so poignant to see Vaneks girlfriend console him.

Well the best for last. The match of Sa vs Dancevic was a cut above the others. Although the score seemed easy it was not an easy match. Sa is such a graceful player-like a gazelle and is such an emotional player when he is losing. Portegues( spelling?) is such a beautiful language even when you bet it is swearing :)
Dancevic played great- serve was on and these 2 guys were hitting stuff you see in a Masters tournie. Angles,tactic, and aggressive play -so appropriate for the rebound ace surface.

Thomas Blake- wow the hair just like James use to be. Even has the 5 oclock shadow so it was a bit eerie to see him. Chadajs hair is also a riot- and he and girlfriend were very cute together.

Thats that. Not sure is I am going tomorrow as some family stuff has come up. But I had a good time. Not many spectators so the atmosphere left something to be desied but still fun.

101 - 120 of 152 Posts