Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Re: Week 43: Sao Paulo-2, Brazil [Entry List]

The rest of your post(s) says otherwise. ;)

I don't see anything too strange about it... it's not like Lindell has absolutely ZERO connection to the Swedish. It's not too different from players like Mamiit and Huey who are part Filipino and have been raised in the US but now play for the Philippines. I guess you'd go where there is more support, financially and otherwise, in order to keep playing.

I don't know the precise reasons why Lindell is playing for Sweden (and if he ever played for Brazil), but either way, that decision seems to be paying off...
Well, they way you said is as if he wouldn`t be a professional player if he did not turn Sweedish. He did it when he was 16 and already a succesful Jr. Player, that is why they "bought" him in the 1 place.

Like I said I don`t really care. It is odd to me because is kind of like nation bidding. I read today that the Brazilian Tennis federation is looking to get him back.

Also, what is not really cool is that he is getting the best out of both countries. Brazil is one of the countries with the most Future events in the World more than 20 a year, as well as a good number of challengers. And he has got WC for a bunch of these and for the Swweden events as well, and why the Brazilian organizers are giving him this in detriment of non "bought" Brazilian player which there are plenty ?

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

lindell is strange but i hope he plays for sweden ...

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Well, they way you said is as if he wouldn`t be a professional player if he did not turn Sweedish. He did it when he was 16 and already a succesful Jr. Player, that is why they "bought" him in the 1 place.

Like I said I don`t really care. It is odd to me because is kind of like nation bidding. I read today that the Brazilian Tennis federation is looking to get him back.

Also, what is not really cool is that he is getting the best out of both countries. Brazil is one of the countries with the most Future events in the World more than 20 a year, as well as a good number of challengers. And he has got WC for a bunch of these and for the Swweden events as well, and why the Brazilian organizers are giving him this in detriment of non "bought" Brazilian player which there are plenty ?
Totally agree with yo u with all the statements that you written on this thread. It`s a similar case to Collarini`s one where USTA took him to play under USA flag when things seemed to be going well in his career.

I`m just wondering why the Brazilian federation do still give him WC when they could use them for other local players.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Bellucci shouldn`t find many troubles to win the title. This is good to see Marcos Daniel and Devilder playing well again.

Amazing week for Lindell with those victories over Joao, Tiago and Schukin :yeah:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts

I`m just wondering why the Brazilian federation do still give him WC when they could use them for other local players.
because they want him back :p

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

it was raining in SP, but stopeed I just heard the tournament director saying that it will start in about 30 minutes.

I am going there now ;) It should be a good match they both know each other well, train with eachother often etc..

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

because they want him back :p
If he left at 16 to play under the Swedish flag I don`t think he is going to return at 18 for the feijoada :D

121 - 140 of 151 Posts