Mens Tennis Forums banner

441 - 460 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: Week 43: Nottingham

No, I have been already to Stockholm... this month. Would be too much of pleasure if I went to Aachen but the field is truly awesome and the supervisor is a cool guy.
You can never have too much pleasure ;) Though it can mean you get nothing else done, admittedly.

·
Registered
7,732 Posts

Not a great day for the Brits, with Mackin losing to Waske, and then Murray and Delgado losing the doubles, but still, it has been a solid week for them

·
MONSOON season.
81,389 Posts

I didn't realise he was a member of "the elite"

In that case then:

Goslabs 3-2 CooCooCachoo

Including the Marray lost to Carlsen 5-7, 6-7 result:sad:
He's out there with Tipsarevic & Co. ;) Not crème de la crème, but nice enough to cheer for on occasion :)

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doubles Title For Filip Prpic!!!!!!!!!! Amazing And Very Unexepted Too!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Re: Week 43: Nottingham (final: Kristian Pless vs Alexander Waske)

what time does the final start tomorrow please?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Re: Week 43: Nottingham (final: Kristian Pless vs Alexander Waske)

Just got back from today's final.

I arrived at the end of the 1st set, so not sure about the score there. But WASKE WON IN 2 SETS (6-3 in the 2nd).

Anyway, there was a bit of drama... basically, all through the match, Waske was taking about 30 seconds between points to serve. Waske would regularly be bouncing the ball, about to serve, and then stop, and walk to the back wall to compose himself again. After every point that Waske won on serve, he walked all the way to the net to collect the same ball that he had won the point with. And, Pless was moving around like usual ready to return serve, and for some unknown reason, Waske kept walking to the umpire to complain about this (no one can work out why). So basically, Pless was fucking pissed off throughout the match. He wasn't allowed to get into any sort of rhythm at all.

At the end of the match, Waske went to shake Pless's hand, and Pless completely ignored him and sat down in his chair. Waske went over to see why he didn't shake his hand, and Pless said, "FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF. You're a fucking joke. Why should I shake your hand. You're a fucking cheat. Fuck off".

Waske collected his prize money admist boos and jeers from the 10-15 spectators.

Drama!!

Anyway, apart from that, Waske's serve was awesome.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Waske behaved like that against Mackin too....except some of the spectators were too busy slagging off Mackin's poor relationship with the LTA :shrug:

441 - 460 of 477 Posts