Code:
W -70   
F -49   
SF- 31   
QF-16    
16R -7   
32R -0                
Q- 3
Qualifiers who lose in the first round receive no additional first round points.
Entry list
Belo Horizonte, Brazil - Cut off: 170
1. Roitman, Sergio (ARG) 64
2. Vassallo-Arguello, Martin (ARG) 76
3. Zabaleta, Mariano (ARG) 84
4. Hanescu, Victor (ROU) 87
5. Brzezicki, Juan Pablo (ARG) 100
6. Capdeville, Paul (CHI) 101
7. Patience, Olivier (FRA) 102
8. Ventura, Santiago (ESP) 104
9. Fognini, Fabio (ITA) 108
10. Devilder, Nicolas (FRA) 126
11. Gonzalez, Mazimo (ARG) 127
12. Cuevas, Pablo (URU) 128
13. Saretta, Flavio (BRA) 137
14. Gil, Frederico (POR) 139
15. Cipolla, Flavio (ITA) 143
16. Guzman, Juan Pablo (ARG) 146
17. Andujar, Pablo (ESP) 155
18. Granollers-Pujol, Marcel (ESP) 158
19. Vicente, Fernando (ESP) 159
20. Prodon, Eric (FRA) 167
21. Giraldo, Santiago (COL) 169
22. Dabul, Brian (ARG) 170
23. (SE)
24. (SE)
25. (WC)
26. (WC)
27. (WC)
28. (WC)
29. (Q)
30. (Q)
31. (Q)
32. (Q)

Alternates
1. Echagaray, Bruno MEX 171
2. Silva, Julio BRA 172
3. Garcia, Adrian CHI 176
4. Gaudio, Gaston ARG 179
5. Mayer, Leonardo ARG 189
6. Mello, Ricardo BRA 205
7. Delgado, Ramon PAR 209
8. Martin, Alberto ESP 212
9. Daniel, Marcos BRA 214
10. Schwank, Eduardo ARG 218
11. Trujillo-Soler, Gabriel ESP 221
12. Zeballos, Horacio ARG 223
13. Gimeno-Traver, Daniel ESP 226
14. Miranda, Ivan PER 231
15. Junqueira, Diego ARG 237
16. Cruciat, Adrian ROU 240
17. Munoz-De La Nava, Daniel ESP 244
18. Quintero, Michael COL 250
19. Bellucci, Thomaz BRA 251
20. @ Massa, Edgardo ARG 251

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Re: Week 43: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

The return of Machi Gonzalez after a bit of rest, he won four challenger almost in a row.
He will do well here and will be top-100 in no time.

·
Tênis Mambembe
36,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I wish I could go there to attend the tourney :(
This tournament was first scheduled to be played in Campinas, later they changed to BH. If it was in Campinas, I'd go there :awww:

And Gramado Challenger, which should happen in week 44, was cancelled :mad:

great news for Brazilian tennis, a lot of futures and now a Challenger cancelled :rolleyes:

·
why did I pay for premium
5,837 Posts

This tournament was first scheduled to be played in Campinas, later they changed to BH. If it was in Campinas, I'd go there :awww:

And Gramado Challenger, which should happen in week 44, was cancelled :mad:

great news for Brazilian tennis, a lot of futures and now a Challenger cancelled :rolleyes:
Gramado has a history, I think it had been played since 1998. It's quite curious that BH is having two challengers a year. Why this challenger couldn't be in Sao Paulo? I mean, we get some futures during the year and only one challenger and it's known that we have one of the biggest tennis base of supporters in the country and lots of places where it could be played like Clube Pinheiros (where Banana Bowl was played one year), Clube Paineiras (where Brazilian Interclubs Championship was played, etc.
Where do you live, Zirconner?

·
Tênis Mambembe
36,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Gramado has a history, I think it had been played since 1998. It's quite curious that BH is having two challengers a year. Why this challenger couldn't be in Sao Paulo? I mean, we get some futures during the year and only one challenger and it's known that we have one of the biggest tennis base of supporters in the country and lots of places where it could be played like Clube Pinheiros (where Banana Bowl was played one year), Clube Paineiras (where Brazilian Interclubs Championship was played, etc.
Where do you live, Zirconner?
yes, Gramado has a history, it's a shame they didn't get sponsorship to make it happens this year, fortunately it will happen next year.

I live in São Paulo and agree with you, we should have more events here(Challenger level), the only Challenger is played in the first week of the year and I am never here to attend.

and it's a shame it's cheapier going to Buenos Aires ATP than Costa do Sauípe :eek:

But there is a lot of politics involved, Santa Catarina is strong, Aracaju had events lately because of Dutra, from Petrobras, being from there.

Have you seen the Fininho blog? It's interesting he talking about his trip to Acre.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts

my hometown!!!

·
5,837 Posts

yes, Gramado has a history, it's a shame they didn't get sponsorship to make it happens this year, fortunately it will happen next year.

I live in São Paulo and agree with you, we should have more events here(Challenger level), the only Challenger is played in the first week of the year and I am never here to attend.

and it's a shame it's cheapier going to Buenos Aires ATP than Costa do Sauípe :eek:

But there is a lot of politics involved, Santa Catarina is strong, Aracaju had events lately because of Dutra, from Petrobras, being from there.

Have you seen the Fininho blog? It's interesting he talking about his trip to Acre.
Yes, I hope so too. Ferreiro won it last year and he probably will go really down in the ranking because he will not be able to earn other 50pts in another tourney.
Yes, the free one. I was only able to attend it once, when Saretta lost to Simoni in 2R and Monaco ended up winning the tourney. All the others ones I was in Bahia with my parents :sad:
Indeed. I believe a air ticket to Buenos Aires must be around not more than R$ 500 while a air ticket to Bahia is almost R$ 1000.
Santa Catarina is strong because of Guga or there is another reason behind it? :confused:
I didn't know about both, Aracaju's Copa Petrobras event (I believe there was one last year there, right?) and it has been a loooooong time since i visited fininho's blog. I will take a look right now!

·
Tênis Mambembe
36,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yes, I hope so too. Ferreiro won it last year and he probably will go really down in the ranking because he will not be able to earn other 50pts in another tourney.
Yes, the free one. I was only able to attend it once, when Saretta lost to Simoni in 2R and Monaco ended up winning the tourney. All the others ones I was in Bahia with my parents :sad:
Indeed. I believe a air ticket to Buenos Aires must be around not more than R$ 500 while a air ticket to Bahia is almost R$ 1000.
Santa Catarina is strong because of Guga or there is another reason behind it? :confused:
I didn't know about both, Aracaju's Copa Petrobras event (I believe there was one last year there, right?) and it has been a loooooong time since i visited fininho's blog. I will take a look right now!
yes, same happened to Ghem (Joinville).

a Challenger outdoors in January always have some trouble with rain too :(

Bahia is awesome, you don't have to be sad :p

Sauípe is expensive I guess also because of the hospedation, but maybe there is a camping or a cheap hotel near.

The president of CBT is from Santa Catarina. They have six public clay courts in Florianópolis (of the state federation), I already played thare.
Máfia barriga-verde :smoke:

They had in Aracaju last year, also in Belém (if I'm not wrong, it was the first event of Cañas after his suspension).

·
Registered
23,436 Posts

Next year i want to see more live tennis :D I'll go to all week of Villa-Lobos Challenger and i really want to go to Sauípe... my wish is going at the final day of qualifying and 1st round of Main Draw... that's enough for me :D but the hotel of Sauipe are told to be so expensive... i hope i can find a cheap hosting if i really go...

and Fininho's blog is awesome! Nice interview with Ricardo Acioly!!!

·
5,837 Posts

yes, same happened to Ghem (Joinville).

a Challenger outdoors in January always have some trouble with rain too :(

Bahia is awesome, you don't have to be sad :p

Sauípe is expensive I guess also because of the hospedation, but maybe there is a camping or a cheap hotel near.

The president of CBT is from Santa Catarina. They have six public clay courts in Florianópolis (of the state federation), I already played thare.
Máfia barriga-verde :smoke:

They had in Aracaju last year, also in Belém (if I'm not wrong, it was the first event of Cañas after his suspension).
I'm not complaining about Bahia, I love there :D but even the motels (aka pousada in portuguese) of Sauipe resorts are pretty expensive.. and one of the good things of staying there must be see the top players training (not like when there is a challenger) and see them walking thru the resort.
Yep, last year there was a challenger in Belem but it was not a Copa Petrobras one. And you're right, it was the first one Cañas won in his comeback.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts

i went to sauipe once...
the year shalken won...
it´s really nice but you´re right

it´s so expensive....

i might go to petrobras in argentina

·
Registered
126 Posts

Roitman will rock 2007 Petrobras Cups!:rocker: :rocker2: :dog:

·
Registered
409 Posts

OUT: Saretta
IN: Echagaray
NEXT: Silva, Garcia, Gaudio

·
Registered
3,413 Posts

Coria IN

Coria plays here , I cant believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coria said this in his forum!!!!!!

camon coria , you can win the tournament!!!

·
Registered
11,778 Posts

yeah its about time to see you again !

1 - 20 of 469 Posts