Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Today 11:15 AM
Nathaliia at least some fight... i only wonder when he'll start winning close tie-breaks

Jean-Michel Pequery (FRA) d. (6)Michael Ryderstedt (SWE) 4-6 6-1 7-6(6)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Nathalia, its worse than that.

Michael broke twice in the tie break and led 5-1 and then had two match points at 6-4. Pequery was going mad and shouting at himself, then Michael missed the first mp on Pequery's serve and then missed the second on his own serve for 6-6. He conceded another mini break, so now Pequery served for the match at 7-6 and he won it with an ace- 8-6.

Michael was pretty pi**ed I can tell you.

Ps you may be interested in the report on the Sherwood- Ryderstedt 1st round match at www.davidsherwood.net

·
Registered
609 Posts
Richard Bloomfield (GBR) defeated Filip Prpic (SWE) 7-6(6) 6-1
:bigclap: :yippee: :clap2:
:woohoo: :woohoo:​

Boggo playing now - could be all Brit semi

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: The Italians

Met Uros Vico and some of the other Italians at the tournament and they were great. Uros is a wild man. At the end of the 1st set of his second round match I looked over at the court, and they are packing up.

I had seen Uros arguing with the umpire a lot and now the game is over and he is having a blazing row with the umpire, 'the lighting is crap, the courts have bumps in them, the umpire's not watching' etc etc

So I'm thinking 'Oh no Uros has got disqualified' I spoke to an official and said 'what's happened to Uros?'

The official said Oh his opponent is injured and has had to retire, so I said: "why is he arguing then", 'Oh well you know what the italians are like' said the official with a shrug, 'he was just angry!!!'

Also had a great time at the players party, Uros and the other Italians were in a team for the quiz night (think there was just Galvani and the other one who played doubles with James auckland). They were hilarious, for several of the questions they said we know the answer in Italian but not in English!!
For the picture round there was a picture of Freddie Flintoff, and you had to identify who it was; Uros answer: "James Auckland".

Needless to say they didnt win but great bunch of guys and they all watch each other's games and support each other so when there is an Italian playing it's a bit like a home game!!

·
Registered
23,426 Posts
First Round Doubles :

(1)Chris Haggard/Michael Kohlmann d. Stephane Bohli/Jean-Michel Pequery 6-3 6-2
Colin Fleming/Jamie Murray d. Bjorn Rehnquist/Stefan Wauters 6-3 6-4
(3)Travis Parrott/Tripp Phillips d. Simone Bolelli/Stefano Galvani 6-4 6-4
Eric Butorac/Chris Drake d. Marcos Baghdatis/Paterne Mamata 6-3 6-3
James Auckland/Flavio Cipolla d. Richard Bloomfield/David Corrie 6-4 3-6 (10-7)
Filip Prpic/Michael Ryderstedt d. (4)Uros Vico/Lovro Zovko 6-2 2-6 (10-6)
Marco Pedrini/Andrea Stoppini d. Yu Takahashi/Thomas Williams 7-6(6) 6-2
(2)Jeff Coetzee/Rogier Wassen d. David Sherwood/Kyle Spencer 6-1 6-2

·
Registered
609 Posts
Doubles quarter-finals

(1)Chris Haggard/Michael Kohlmann (RSA/GER) d. Colin Fleming/Jamie Murray (GBR) 7-6(5) 6-4

(3)Travis Parrott/Tripp Phillips (USA) d. Eric Butorac/Chris Drake (USA) 6-4 6-3

Filip Prpic/Michael Ryderstedt (SWE) d. James Auckland/Flavio Cipolla (GBR/ITA) 6-4 6-2

(2)Jeff Coetzee/Rogier Wassen (RSA/NED) d. Marco Pedrini/Andrea Stoppini (ITA) 6-3 6-3

·
Registered
97,137 Posts
sheffsteel said:
Today 11:15 AM
Nathaliia at least some fight... i only wonder when he'll start winning close tie-breaks

Jean-Michel Pequery (FRA) d. (6)Michael Ryderstedt (SWE) 4-6 6-1 7-6(6)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Nathalia, its worse than that.

Michael broke twice in the tie break and led 5-1 and then had two match points at 6-4. Pequery was going mad and shouting at himself, then Michael missed the first mp on Pequery's serve and then missed the second on his own serve for 6-6. He conceded another mini break, so now Pequery served for the match at 7-6 and he won it with an ace- 8-6.

Michael was pretty pi**ed I can tell you.

Ps you may be interested in the report on the Sherwood- Ryderstedt 1st round match at www.davidsherwood.net
Oh thank you for your reports. All this behaviour is so typical for this man. I only hope he didn't get too much frustrated and still could enjoy himself at players' party. I already have written it, but I'll do once again, the David Sherwood website is very smooth :yeah:

and congratulations to Kristian Pless ;)

81 - 100 of 117 Posts