4,070 Posts
Re: Week 42: Santiago-2 Chile [Entry List]

Rufin beats Ciric 7-5 6-3 and I post link for live score of Souza vs Machado

At the moment 7-5 5-2 Machado

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

BTW, I catching a stupid (not mine) internet wirelss, so the connection is very slow, and I'm not able to see livestreaming. So I will ask please to someone put the Rui Machado score, right here in the forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

Big celebration in the end.. he really wanted this
Yes, it's the most important win of his carrer, because he was looking during years and years, for this day to come. The day that put him in the top100 elite of world tennis! The 3rd portuguese ever to do it. And he got a bonus, by becoming next week the No.1 portuguese, ahead of Portuguese tennis hero, Frederico Gil!

Again, I'm so happy for Machado. He's clearly a better player than Gil, but during the years he just dosen't have the mental abillity to transform his very agressive game into good scores. Now he seems to win a lot of confidence, exactly when I expect nothing from him, especially since that back injury. He was injured (and playing at the same time) during 1 month. Now he's on fully shape (phisically and more important mentally). Congrats Rui. You deserve every fraction of second of your hapiness!!!

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

Now I want Fabio to lose, because he's clearly the favourite to win the tournament. But if Rui wants to be the best, he's got to beat the best, so he shouldn't be too worried with his opponent tomorrow.

BTW, in spite of losing, I want to congrat Ciric for his fantastic Copa Petrobas running. I don't like the "all serve" players, but I got to give credit to him!

·
Registered
32 Posts

Sad for Feijão!

This was a great opportunity to enter the top 100. Next week he's got to defend 48 points, and needs the title to achieve his goal. Things got harder now, but I still believe he can make it.

Anyway, congrats to Machado and to our portuguese friend Machado & Gil.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

Forzaaaaa Fabio!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

Sad for Feijão!

This was a great opportunity to enter the top 100. Next week he's got to defend 48 points, and needs the title to achieve his goal. Things got harder now, but I still believe he can make it.

Anyway, congrats to Machado and to our portuguese friend Machado & Gil.
Obrigado Diego!;)

I remember 5 months early, Rui was in the same situation of Feijão. So close to top100 (102), and the week after he got a lot of points to defend, and didn't manage to defend those points. Only 5 months later (today), he manege to achieve the top100. So I'm pretty confident that the same will happen to Souza. Sooner or later he will be in top100. :) I will rooting for that, meu irmão brasileiro!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

I guess that means Fabio is playing for the first time this week on centre court tomorrow.....lovely for him :) FORZA FABIO!!!!

101 - 120 of 142 Posts