Mens Tennis Forums banner

221 - 240 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Re: Week 42: Calabasas, Usa

Here's a little summary of what I saw today:

Kendrick vs. Delic
Delic never broken, Kendrick just about broke his racquet multiple times after he lost his serve in the first set. It was all Delic from there.

Philippoussis vs. Healey
Easy first set for Mark. Second set was much more interesting. It was 5-5 when Healey was broken. When they sat down, Nathan said something to Mark and they almost ended up in a fist fight. Apparently (in Nathan's opinion), Mark was shuffling his feet more than usual right before his serve and Nathan thought it affected his service game. After some cussing and a break up by the umpire, Mark came up with a witty remark how he's been playing ATP events for 12 years and knows what he can and can't do. Healey tried to make up after the match but it seemed like Mark wanted no part.:wavey:
very interesting! Though in mark's defence he has always liked to shuffle around on return, esp when his oppoenent is about to go for a 2nd serve. He did it against nadal at the US Open.. so i don't think it's a big deal, if anything- it sometimes is a disadvantage for mark because he gets caught in the wrong position.

·
Registered
97,137 Posts

Kendrick vs. Delic
Delic never broken, Kendrick just about broke his racquet multiple times after he lost his serve in the first set. It was all Delic from there.

Philippoussis vs. Healey
Easy first set for Mark. Second set was much more interesting. It was 5-5 when Healey was broken. When they sat down, Nathan said something to Mark and they almost ended up in a fist fight. Apparently (in Nathan's opinion), Mark was shuffling his feet more than usual right before his serve and Nathan thought it affected his service game. After some cussing and a break up by the umpire, Mark came up with a witty remark how he's been playing ATP events for 12 years and knows what he can and can't do. Healey tried to make up after the match but it seemed like Mark wanted no part.:wavey:
Thank you so much for the report :wavey: I wonder who is the favourite for the final for you :scratch:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Re: Week 42: Calabasas, Usa (final: Amer Delic - Mark Philippoussis)

woah, mark and nathan having an arguement, that's not good, don't know what's so wrong about shuffiling your feet. Anyway, well done mark.

·
MONSOON season.
81,394 Posts

Kendrick vs. Delic

Philippoussis vs. Healey

Spicy :boxing:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

Let's go Amer! :bounce:

·
Registered
560 Posts

I just phoned the tournament, but the person who answered the phone was not very helpful. She said that the doubles match just ended (which seems strange, since it was scheduled to begin at noon local time, which was nearly three hours ago). She said she did not have scores and did not know who won.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

From atp:

Kendrick/C. Mamiit won he doubles 5-7, 6-4, 10-5.

no news on the singles... go mark!

221 - 240 of 250 Posts