Mens Tennis Forums banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: Week 42: Calabasas, Usa

I just phoned the tournament. The volunteer did not know the score and said Philippoussis was still playing. She thinks they are in the third set.

I wish she were more helpful but that's the best I could do.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

I just phoned the tournament. The volunteer did not know the score and said Philippoussis was still playing. She thinks they are in the third set.

I wish she were more helpful but that's the best I could do.
eeek 3 sets! .... c'mon mark!!

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

That final would be almost tennis heaven for me... This time, I have to cheer for Amer (because he was nicer to me in Sacto than Flip was. Sorry Flip, its your own fault).

·
Registered
18 Posts

Here's a little summary of what I saw today:

Kendrick vs. Delic
Delic never broken, Kendrick just about broke his racquet multiple times after he lost his serve in the first set. It was all Delic from there.

Philippoussis vs. Healey
Easy first set for Mark. Second set was much more interesting. It was 5-5 when Healey was broken. When they sat down, Nathan said something to Mark and they almost ended up in a fist fight. Apparently (in Nathan's opinion), Mark was shuffling his feet more than usual right before his serve and Nathan thought it affected his service game. After some cussing and a break up by the umpire, Mark came up with a witty remark how he's been playing ATP events for 12 years and knows what he can and can't do. Healey tried to make up after the match but it seemed like Mark wanted no part.:wavey:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts

an Amer/Flip final tomorrow?????????????????????????

:eek: What time is it at, I wonder if I could make it out there....

never mind, it costs $15 :eek::(

201 - 220 of 250 Posts