Registered
1,229 Posts
Re: Week 42: Calabasas CA, USA [Entry List]

Matosevic 6-3, *1-0

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

He has to turn this shit around, but when MM broke Don immediately back after Don broke to love, that sort of made a statement like "No kid, I got your number, I want this more than you and I'm gonna take it, fuck you." I can just imagine that is what was going through his head. Don brings out the best in MM out of emotional hatred.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Matosevic just toying with Don now 6-3, *3-0

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

I think it's clear that MM obviously wants it more than Don, has gotten in his head and shaken him, and will make it his mission to not lose to Donald. That's why you don't fuck with the crazy ones, you will not live it down, they will fuck you up and laugh about it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

I think it's clear that MM obviously wants it more than Don, has gotten in his head and shaken him, and will make it his mission to not lose to Donald. That's why you don't fuck with the crazy ones, you will not live it down, they will fuck you up and laugh about it.
Definitely. In the previous 3 matches Don has had 0 Aces against Marinko, I'd say he's rattled.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Matosevic 6-3, 4-0

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

I can't believe Don is just going to allow this to happen again, three times in a couple of months. It really says a lot about both MM and Don that this is happening again.

There has been quite a few close games, virtually all won by MM. He's the mentally strong one, and the hungrier one. Matches like this, when you are coddled by your parents, are the ones that are a street fight, you have to dig deep and find a way, and Don doesn't have that killer instinct, MM does, and until Don gets it he's going to keep losing to MM.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Don scored a point! broken to 15

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

According to a twitter report of the match, MM is basically playing lights out tennis. Don is his Roger Federer. He wants to kill him and Don allows him to.

Oh well, this next week off will be a reflective period for Don, he needs to recover mentally, emotionally and get his game back, or he can kiss top 100 goodbye.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Matosevic 6-3, 6-0.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

According to a twitter report of the match, MM is basically playing lights out tennis. Don is his Roger Federer. He wants to kill him and Don allows him to.

Oh well, this next week off will be a reflective period for Don, he needs to recover mentally, emotionally and get his game back, or he can kiss top 100 goodbye.
top 100 is gone, he had it and let it slip once again, he's gonna have to deal with top 125 if that.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

top 100 is gone, he had it and let it slip once again, he's gonna have to deal with top 125 if that.
Well, he's going to be ranked in the 120s now. It's going to come down to what he does in Virginia. If he can defend the points in VA, then he just needs to do well in the other two challengers. If he wins VA, then he just needs to do well in one of the other two. It's still there, but he wouldn't have been in this position, if he would have had good results during the end of the summer. He's proven to me now that he isn't even remotely mentally prepared to truly be a top 100 player, or even a tennis professional level. He's relying on talent and he has a lot of it, but this is the big leagues, and he can't handle the pressure.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Well, he's going to be ranked in the 120s now. It's going to come down to what he does in Virginia. If he can defend the points in VA, then he just needs to do well in the other two challengers. If he wins VA, then he just needs to do well in one of the other two. It's still there, but he wouldn't have been in this position, if he would have had good results during the end of the summer. He's proven to me now that he isn't even remotely mentally prepared to truly be a top 100 player, or even a tennis professional level. He's relying on talent and he has a lot of it, but this is the big leagues, and he can't handle the pressure.
Yeah, I knew it was still possible but it's Young we're talking about here, like we've said before his form from the summer is gone and I just don't see him doing it. I honestly thought he would beat Matosevic tonight after beating Delic who in my eyes was a tougher match than Marinko. At least he won't be around 200 in the rankings to start off next year, but he's going to have to get a fulltime coach cause what him and his parents are doing, just isn't cutting it!

·
Registered
10 Posts

:p As I said yesterday, I thought Marinko would win 7-6 6-0. Well was I massively wrong, what the heck was I thinking! Clearly I gave to much credit to Donald that he could win that many games, SHAME ON ME!!! :worship:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Yeah, I knew it was still possible but it's Young we're talking about here, like we've said before his form from the summer is gone and I just don't see him doing it. I honestly thought he would beat Matosevic tonight after beating Delic who in my eyes was a tougher match than Marinko. At least he won't be around 200 in the rankings to start off next year, but he's going to have to get a fulltime coach cause what him and his parents are doing, just isn't cutting it!
I thought he would beat MM based on the fact he would just be better, but I also did think MM would be the mentally stronger player if it were close. This run of poor form started RIGHT WHEN he made the top 100. Now that he's out of the top 100 and not close to it anymore, he probably should be able to get back to the tennis that saw him being one of the best challenger players of the year. I expect big things from him still through the end of the year, this is his favorite time of the year. Now they are going to indoor events so I think that should help Don, he doesn't have to deal with the weather conditions, he should be more consistent now. It would be a real downer if he missed the top 100 after doing so well to jump from out of the top 200, I think the way he handles these losses to Harrison and Matosevic will decide things.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

:p As I said yesterday, I thought Marinko would win 7-6 6-0. Well was I massively wrong, what the heck was I thinking! Clearly I gave to much credit to Donald that he could win that many games, SHAME ON ME!!! :worship:
Hey, you were right. Mental strength and the pumped up frenetic energy style of Matosevic definitely helped him tonight. Good win for him for sure, he's got Don's number in a big way.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Please win this even Ryan S.! He too like Don is close to the top 100, has been struggling since getting right to that point, winning this event would put him around 103, get it done!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Please win this even Ryan S.! He too like Don is close to the top 100, has been struggling since getting right to that point, winning this event would put him around 103, get it done!
Kendrick will be tough. Matosevic IMO will beat Sweeting in the finals if they play but if Kendrick gets there he'd win the title against MM.

161 - 180 of 218 Posts