Mens Tennis Forums banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Week 42: Calabasas CA, USA [Entry List]

Totally agree. More importantly though if Marinko can manage to win this, which you'd have to say he has to be favourite, it will bump him up to No:2 in Australia, only behind Lleyton. When facts like that get into his crazy, crazy head, its only gonna make his game more frenetic.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Kendrick will be tough. Matosevic IMO will beat Sweeting in the finals if they play but if Kendrick gets there he'd win the title against MM.
I agree on all accounts. I fully expect Kendrick to win tonight and win the final. But I hope Ryan gets it done. He's as mentally weak as Don is, though, so he's going to run into the same exact problems, a veteran opponent who wants to win bad, and plays his best in California challengers.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Totally agree. More importantly though if Marinko can manage to win this, which you'd have to say he has to be favourite, it will bump him up to No:2 in Australia, only behind Lleyton. When facts like that get into his crazy, crazy head, its only gonna make his game more frenetic.
Well he seems to be the type who plays better with more energy and when he's actually got something more than the game itself to play for, so his motivation will be high, and he'll be on an emotional high from this match. I do think Kendrick would beat him, though, since they are similar in that both are hot heads, extremely competitive, Kendrick plays his best in these events, and he's a similar player to MM but better.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Sweeting def. Kendrick 1-6 7-6(8) 6-2

Big time comeback win from the brink of defeat for Ryan. Please beat MM tomorrow, Ryan.
Yes do us a favor and beat him like your capable of!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

Marinko is already 25. He's not going to make it.
Bingo. And to give all this credit to Matosevic for being "crazy" is greatly overblown in this thread as well. From what I've seen it has hurt Matosevic far more than it has helped him in his career (with Young being one of the outliers), but either way the guy simply doesn't have the game to even come close to competing week in and week out with the top flight players.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts

Tough loss for Ryan against Robby, but judging from the scoreboard it was a heck of a match. Great fight by Ryan in the second set to fight off BPs but he couldn't quite pull it out in the third. Good for experience, though.

Still a good week, as he just won his first challenger doubles title, with Travis Rettenmaier :cool:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts

Marinko is already 25. He's not going to make it.
Bingo. And to give all this credit to Matosevic for being "crazy" is greatly overblown in this thread as well. From what I've seen it has hurt Matosevic far more than it has helped him in his career (with Young being one of the outliers), but either way the guy simply doesn't have the game to even come close to competing week in and week out with the top flight players.
Marinko's ranking progression.

2005 - 1092
2006 - 602
2007 - 621
2008 - 323
2009 - 171
After this match - Around 145 if he loses the final or 138 if he wins the final.

He only won his first challenger title a couple of months ago but yet your willing to write him off because he is 25 . Not everyone is an early bloomer. Marinko might not have the game but he has the mental capacity to make it. Two years ago people would have said he didn't have the game to make it on the challenger tour.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

Marinko's ranking progression.

2005 - 1092
2006 - 602
2007 - 621
2008 - 323
2009 - 171
After this match - Around 145 if he loses the final or 138 if he wins the final.

He only won his first challenger title a couple of months ago but yet your willing to write him off because he is 25 . Not everyone is an early bloomer. Marinko might not have the game but he has the mental capacity to make it. Two years ago people would have said he didn't have the game to make it on the challenger tour.
Exactly, most aussies are late bloomers!! :worship:

Hopefully he took out the final!!

·
Registered
132 Posts

Sweeting was leading 6-2 *1-2 before rain stopped play. Final is going to be finished on Monday at 11:00am.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts

does anybody know if there will be any live feed on bet365 or other bookie ?

·
Registered
186 Posts

I think the match has now resumed, no? anyone has update score of this match?

181 - 200 of 218 Posts