Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Yes!! Marcos Daniel is getting closer to the top 100!! :D
Congrats Marcos, now take a rest and recover from your back injury! ;)
Then win one more challenger and you'll probably be a top 100 player by the end of the year!!

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
keqtqiadv said:
Daniel will be near 112th place tomorrow!!! Australian Open in sight! No top 100 yet, but Daniel, Mello and Saretta can do it soon!
We'll possibly have 3 brazilians entering directly into Aussie Open next year! Daniel and Saretta must win some more points, and Mello is probably already there, since he doesn't defend any points till the end of the year. I just don't know if Guga will be able to enter it with his protected ranking...

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
I'm not sure whether Guga can use his protected ranking :awww: He returned in April this year and protected ranking ends in 9 months after your first tournament. (p.177 of the rule book)

Anyway, Guga's result in Australia was never great :shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The number of tournaments is limited to 8, and he used it in 7, and I remember him saying in some interviews that he was planning to keep the last entry to play in Australia next year. Valencia started April 4; Aussie Open will start on January 16. That's 9 months and 2 weeks! I hope Guga didn't make this huge planning mistake. I don't know if the rules limit the period to 9 months or are permissive to the point that he could play it. Hope so!

121 - 135 of 135 Posts