Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Re: Week 41: Tashkent, Uzbekistan [Entry List]

YES!!!!!!!!!!! :aparty:

He did it, he did it finally. I'm so pleased, I knew he had an easy draw, and boy did he take advantage. Great job, Karol! I'm so happy now :D

Back in the top 100 in one event, amazing.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Karol Beck on 7-5 in the 3rd. Congrats for him for his 3rd challenger title of the year. This victory is going to help him to jump to the top 100 again. Well done.

Inspite of the defeat it was a good week for Gilles too. I hope that he can get the points enough on the challengers remaining in 2010 and that he can return to ATP tournaments again. He is one of the players I like to watch too.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts

72% of first set won is not good enoguh for Gilles.. never was

9th Challenger win for Slovak

·
Registered
10,658 Posts

What a chance wasted for Gilles. He will never get a shot at 50 points so easily again...

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Yeah, Gilles needs to be in the 80% range with the first serve winning points, where Beck was. Also only won 50% of second serve points and served at around 50%, not a great combo. If you have an average to below average first serve percentage, you have to make it up with an above average second serve points won ratio, especially if your serve dictates your game like it does with Muller.

Oh well, hopefully he does better this upcoming week in Korea.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

It's alright though Ad Wim, Gilles really only needs two good events and he'll be top 100. He has six weeks to make things happen, I can definitely see it, especially indoors, this is an outdoors event.

·
Registered
10,658 Posts

True, but he is so up and down lately, that I don't really expect him to get to another final again. Then this was a great chance on 50 very important points, against not too good an opponent.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts

I think Karol will be 109th and Gilles 140th on tomorrow's list

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
121 - 133 of 133 Posts