Registered
22,404 Posts
Re: Week 41: Tashkent, Uzbekistan [Entry List]

Milos:rolleyes:, was up 30-15 and throws in 3 straight DF's to get broken:(

·
Registered
14,832 Posts

Gilles 4-1 up against Dustov. 12/12 first serve from Gilles so far and he won all of them. 8 aces!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

It's very sad that Milos had to retire. What problems does he have? Is it something serious?

·
Registered
10,658 Posts

Haider :worship:

Also good win from Muller. Finally he advances past the QF again. Nice SF there, hope the winner wins the tourney.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)

QFs

[8] Andreas HAIDER-MAURER (AUT) vs [1] Rainer SCHUETTLER (GER) 2-6 6-3 7-5
[7] Gilles MULLER (LUX) vs [WC] Farrukh DUSTOV (UZB) 6-3 1-6 6-3
[4] Dustin BROWN (JAM) vs Uladzimir IGNATIK (BLR) 7-5 6-7(1) 6-4
[5] Karol BECK (SVK) vs Milos RAONIC (CAN) 6-3 1-0 ret’d

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Fuck, Rainer. But I didn't expect a win anyway. AHM seems to have really gotten his act together, that Soderling match did a lot of good for him. I still really don't think this is more than a hot streak but who knows.

Sad that Milos retired, but please take advantage and beat Dustin tomorrow, Karol.

Muller v Beck final, let's make it happen.

·
Registered
10,658 Posts

Don't know if he'll be a steady top 100 player, or even higher, but AHM has an allcourt game and is doing very well this year. Beating the top seed here, in a close game, confirms that.
Rainer is done, should go home with his kids instead of travelling the world.

I think it will be Brown-AHM final.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts

Best of luck to Gilles.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Don't know if he'll be a steady top 100 player, or even higher, but AHM has an allcourt game and is doing very well this year. Beating the top seed here, in a close game, confirms that.
Rainer is done, should go home with his kids instead of travelling the world.

I think it will be Brown-AHM final.
I fully expect a Brown-AHM final, we'll see what happens. I really want Karol to win this event, though.

AHM I don't see being consistent top 100, but I do believe he can carve out a career between 90-125 consistently. As you say his all court game, his serve and his offensive mentality are things that definitely should continue to bring him good challenger results. But off the serve, I'm not sure he does anything well enough to maintain a top 100 position. He is having a great year for sure, as he continues growing in confidence and develops his game some more in the offseason, maybe he can get himself on the ATP tour.

Rainer is not quite done yet, I mean he's still right around 100 in the rankings. He can still make some money, and he really enjoys playing the game and I know he loves traveling, he likes the grind and having to work and train. He'll never be a good ATP player again but he should be able to get good challenger results to remain in the bottom half of the top 100. As long as he can still compete he should stay around if he enjoys himself.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts

Dustin beaten in big way in doubles but I'm hoping he can reach final in single

·
Registered
4,070 Posts

M8.. just add [4] Dustin BROWN (JAM) vs Uladzimir IGNATIK (BLR) 7-5 6-7(1) 6-4 ;) in 1/4's results

·
Registered
4,070 Posts

Damn Dustin.. another lost to Beck :mad:

Slovak will play in his 4th Challenger final this year

81 - 100 of 133 Posts