41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
i just called the tourny

i was calling for the sa / tippy match

but he gave me jenkins over odesnik
6-4 , 6-0

-i was on hold forever so i dont feel like calling back ..

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
DUlrich1227 said:
i just called the tourny

i was calling for the sa / tippy match

but he gave me jenkins over odesnik
6-4 , 6-0

-i was on hold forever so i dont feel like calling back ..
Wow, Jenkins has improved that much!? I'm impressed, the last time I saw Odesnik play, he was routinely beating guys like Kuznetsov, Jenkins, Oudsema and Simmonds. The only young American guy in that age group that was able to beat Odesnik was Brendan Evans.

Here are the results from today:
Jenkins d. Odesnik 6-7 (7) 6-0 6-4
Sa d. Tipsarevic 6-4 1-6 7-5
Guccione d. Warburg 6-2 3-6 6-1
Okun d. Morrison 6-4 6-4
Russel d. Healey 6-4 3-6 6-3

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
There's more to that Odesnik match than the score shows. Wayne broke 8 strings on 5 racquets in the course of the match. He smashed 3 racquets (I think it was 3) and he is NOT happy. A match should not be decided by an equipment problem, it should be decided by the players. I did not see the match, but I've spoken to Wayne a couple of times today to see how he was doing. I was pretty damn busy, so I hope I get to sit down with him a little bit longer tomorrow. He seems like a good guy and I like him, so I've been talking 'tennis biz' with him the last few days.

Harel played a joke on me today. He was coming from the court as I was driving off with some players and he told me that he lost his qualie match and made a sad face at me. I was bummed for about an hour, until I got back to the tournament desk and finally saw his score. He saw me at the table and as soon as I turned around, he knew he was in trouble. He just grinned from ear to ear and pretended to run away from me. I ran up to him and smacked him on the forehead and told him I would never believe another word he said! He tried to blame me, for not coming to watch his match, but I was driving all day and never sat down for more than 4 minutes. I never saw any tennis at all today. He laughed the whole time, so I told him he couldn't have a practice court for the rest of the week! Had a pretty good laugh with Noam and Dudi yesterday too. Those three are just too cute sometimes.

Spending lots of time with Flavio and his coach Joao, because they don't have a car so I have to take them everywhere. They are sweet and have been very nice to me.

I think that's it for my news. I spoke to Adam Chadaj today (it's HA-dai, in case some of you didn't know), but we didn't talk about tennis so I missed the chance to tell him about his fans. I'll try again tomorrow (he seriously needs a haircut for that curly mop of his).

Horia Tecau is still really damn cute. He's not afraid of me anymore, so he's giving back to me as good as I'm giving to him, and that's been fun. I just wish I could see some damn tennis....

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Fee said:
I spoke to Adam Chadaj today (it's HA-dai, in case some of you didn't know), but we didn't talk about tennis so I missed the chance to tell him about his fans. I'll try again tomorrow (he seriously needs a haircut for that curly mop of his).
OMG someone's gonna be JEALOUS OF YOU!!!!!!!:rolls:

Thanks for your stories Fee :hug: Hope you're having a good time, it seems like it :D The stories of the Three Israli Musketeers are great :yeah:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
You know, I try not to say anything negative about any players, but Adam must be painfully shy. He has less personality than Ginepri. I get nothing from this kid. NOTHING.

Oh, found out that Vahaly knew who I was before he even got to town, remembered my name and everything. That was a huge shock, I've spoken to him exactly once in the last few years (but he knows Mandy, Jan-Mike, and Andy, so I guess he's heard my name a few times). Got a proper hug from him today, yesterday's was a bit quick and crooked. I played in the ProAm yesterday (I was absolutely the WORST player on court!). Michael Yani was my partner, and I hit with Jesse Witten during the warmup. Michael and I did a chest bump, just for a laugh. Zack Fleishman came to town today and when I saw him I practically tackled him (its been over a year). Kept teasing him that I was his hitting partner today, and it was my job to take care of him, whatever he wanted. He just laughed. He has a nice smile. More will come to me, if anyone really wants to hear about any of this stuff. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm volunteering at this tournament tomorrow morning and i'm excited! This is my first tournament so i'll finally be able to see how these elite players practice and play. I'm supposed to watch the practices so it should be fun.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Fee said:
Harel played a joke on me today. He was coming from the court as I was driving off with some players and he told me that he lost his qualie match and made a sad face at me. I was bummed for about an hour, until I got back to the tournament desk and finally saw his score. He saw me at the table and as soon as I turned around, he knew he was in trouble. He just grinned from ear to ear and pretended to run away from me. I ran up to him and smacked him on the forehead and told him I would never believe another word he said! He tried to blame me, for not coming to watch his match, but I was driving all day and never sat down for more than 4 minutes. I never saw any tennis at all today. He laughed the whole time, so I told him he couldn't have a practice court for the rest of the week! Had a pretty good laugh with Noam and Dudi yesterday too. Those three are just too cute sometimes.
Awww, so cute :angel:
Thanks for the reports, Fee! You rule :worship:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
This losing streak is getting ridiculous, Janko!

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Fee said:
Spending lots of time with Flavio and his coach Joao, because they don't have a car so I have to take them everywhere. They are sweet and have been very nice to me.
Envy Fee!! Say hi to Flavio please although he doesn't know my existence and he has some fans here on MTF. And ask about his son!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Fee said:
What can one say except :worship:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Mankad def TOdero 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
Saretta def Kendrick 6-4, 6-1
DeVoest def Stadler 6-2, 7-5
Ram def Delic 7-6(12), 7-5
Fruttero def Reynolds 6-3, 5-7, 6-4
Bozoljac def CHadaj 6-0, 6-1
Fleishman def Sela 7-5, 4-6, 6-1

and thanks to super sweet Nathan Healey for letting me use his laptop!

·
34,606 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the results.
Go Flavio!!! Great win. Play your best and go to top 100 (Mello probably won't get it in Madrid and Lyon)

41 - 60 of 94 Posts