Mens Tennis Forums banner

321 - 340 of 343 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Re: Week 41: Rennes, France [Entry List]

Bohli won the second 6-4

Marc had *0-40 at *5-4, and he missed a sitter forehand at 15-40. Then he had a short ball at 30-40 that he hit right back to Bohli. Bohli was choking, Marc didn't play the points well, and then Bohli stopped choking and gained confidence. Bad set, too many errors, he has to recover quickly here.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Now, Bohli has to repeat what yesterday did. The judge is with us.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Marc holds from 15-30 and second serve.

I feel a bit bad for Bohli, he's basically been the better player today, but Marc is competing well, serving well at the right times, and hitting enough big shots. Gicquel is just a better player than Bohli overall, that's the only difference, that and experience.

·
Registered
26,042 Posts

Gicquel gifted the game at 3-0. Should have decided the match there.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Marc played great defense and Bohli missed an easy forehand volley. *5-1 Gicquel serving for the match.

Pascal Maria is in the crowd.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

I'm so happy for Marc!!!!!!!!! I have to say he got a bit lucky with the draw, and today Bohli had nothing left in the third set. He didn't play very good today but he got the victory. I know how much this must mean playing close to home. So proud, he's had an amazing run these last two weeks out of nowhere. Hopefully he keeps up the good form through the end of the year, and can get back in the top 100.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Now, Bohli has to repeat what yesterday did. The judge is with us.
Almost the same :sad:

Bohli had a great chance in the 1st set but he didn't take it one more time. In 2nd set was better again but obviously his unnecesary effort of yesterday was decisive in last games.

Congrats Giquel for the title!

·
Registered
14,832 Posts

This was a great tournament to watch. Crowd, quality was really good. Livestream too... Hopefully other challengers makes like these things..

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Gicquel has top 100 player skills. That's definitely.
Yes, he fell out because he was injured and missed time. Then he struggled for a while to get back to form. But these indoor French-speaking events are where he has his best results, and he has a good draw next week also, expect continued good performances.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts

Orleans has a livestream. France generally does better with their challengers than other countries.
France is arguably the best tennis country in the world.

Well done Marc :worship: Whether it was Dancevic or Bolhi in the final, as long as Marc won that first set it was clear he was going to take the title.

Looking forward to seeing what's going to happen in Orleans now.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Congrats for Gicquel for the victory. I knew that after winning that first set he was going to win. I believed that he was going to be tired after playing two weeks in a row. Well done for him.

321 - 340 of 343 Posts