Mens Tennis Forums banner

181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Re: Week 40: Sacramento CA, USA [Entry List]

GSM DeV. 6-4 in the third. DeV is a cool customer.

I'm off to watch my Giants. :wavey:
Happy to see De Voest win. I like Marinko's game, but he's to cocky and arrogant for me to be a fan of his.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)

QFs (unofficial results)

Alex BOGOMOLOV Jr. (USA) vs Chris GUCCIONE (AUS) 6-3 6-3
John MILLMAN (AUS) vs Frederik NIELSEN (DEN) 6-0 6-3
[5] Robert KENDRICK (USA) vs [4] Ryan SWEETING (USA) 6-4 3-6 6-3
Rik DE VOEST (RSA) vs Marinko MATOSEVIC (AUS) 7-5 4-6 6-4

·
Registered
199 Posts

Happy to see De Voest win. I like Marinko's game, but he's to cocky and arrogant for me to be a fan of his.
I guess that explains DY's tweet after he lost to Matosevic. As far as I know his biggest accomplishment is winning Aptos, or whatever Challenger he won.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Yeah, he called MM a prick. Don was way ahead of their match in Indian Wells and lost in a third set tiebreak, I don't think he's recovered from that. MM is basically an asshole on court so...............I'm not surprised Don has issues with him. But he'll need to use that in a positive way and not let it get to him on court.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Good win for De Voest. He's a real professional smart player. Robert is definitely the best player remaining and I fully expect him to win the title.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

I guess that explains DY's tweet after he lost to Matosevic. As far as I know his biggest accomplishment is winning Aptos, or whatever Challenger he won.
Yeah Matosevic won Aptos, and thats it. He just has Don's number. I hope Kendrick wins Sacramento.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts

The Don needs to get over it. Matosevic knows that he isn't a clone of Federer or Nadal but he knows the mindgames work on the Don so why wouldn't he use them? He does have expenses to pay for and he doesn't get any handouts from Tennis Australia plus I don't think he has a sponsor. If The Don wasn't so weak minded and learnt how to ignore him he would fare a lot better against Matosevic. Obviously the fact that after three heated losses to Matosevic, the Don goes on twitter and still complains about it probably shows why a guy of his ability is ranked where he is and not higher.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

Thanks BD, the Gooch is just sexy all round.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Quite even SF match if Rik can play his best tennis. Robert is my favourite to win that match though.

Good to see Millman reaching the SF :yeah:. I hope he can be the other finalist.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Thanks for the pictures!

I think De Voest-Kendrick can go either way, but I expect Kendrick to overpower De Voest. These hard court California challengers are Kendrick's playground, always does well here. I expect a victory.

I think the Mailman will win the other SF.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

The Don needs to get over it. Matosevic knows that he isn't a clone of Federer or Nadal but he knows the mindgames work on the Don so why wouldn't he use them? He does have expenses to pay for and he doesn't get any handouts from Tennis Australia plus I don't think he has a sponsor. If The Don wasn't so weak minded and learnt how to ignore him he would fare a lot better against Matosevic. Obviously the fact that after three heated losses to Matosevic, the Don goes on twitter and still complains about it probably shows why a guy of his ability is ranked where he is and not higher.
Pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Do you have any matchstats for Kendrick and De Voest for this tournament? (serve etc.).

181 - 200 of 240 Posts