Mens Tennis Forums banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Re: Week 40: Mons, Belgium [Entry List]

Darcis is controlling things on serve, whereas all of Gremelmayr's games are going to 30 all, 15-30, 0-15. Sooner or later he's gonna get broken. Hopefully it's now, before it goes to a tiebreak.

4-*3 Darcis in the third.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

QFs

[LL] Marc GICQUEL (FRA) vs [WC] Kristof VLIEGEN (BEL) 7-6(5) 6-4
Steve DARCIS (BEL) vs Denis GREMELMAYR (GER) 6-4 6-7(6) 6-3
[8] Dustin BROWN (JAM) vs Igor SIJSLING (NED) 6-4 6-4
Adrian MANNARINO (FRA) vs Jesse HUTA GALUNG (NED) 6-3 7-6(6)

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Sexy SF lineup. With Marc and Steve, I don't know who I want. I think I'm leaning Marc for the simple fact he's lower in the rankings. But if Steve wins the event he's top 100, so that will be hard for me to endure.

The other SF, I want Adrian to get it, but if Dustin wins I'm not complaining.

·
Banned
59,367 Posts

Only way adrian loses today if brown serves 80% or something

adrian is miles better overall.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Strange the way things moved on this tournament this week. All the favourite players lost early and really sorry for Xavier.

Gicquel is a really lucky loser ;) . This is not surprising to see him winning and especially a couple of good victories like the ones over Stefan Koubek, Bemelmans and Vliegen. Good week for Darcis too but Marc should win if he plays decently.

Good to see Mannarino in another SF and he shouldn`t have many troubles to beat Dustin Brown.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Darcis def. Gicquel 7-6(3) 7-6(3)

Steve played REALLY well today. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when he's on his game, he's a very dangerous player and really a top 60 player at least. Great serving and he hit the forehand and slice great.

Marc was alright, he saved himself with some great serves and volleys. Darcis was the better player throughout the match, I can see why Marc has been struggling but also you can see glimpses of his previous high levels. His returning was poor, though, and he made too many cheap errors.

GL in the final Steve! Get this home country title and get back in the top 100 where you belong.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

That volley was clearly out, but luckily it didn't matter. Dustin was barely professional level at the end of the first set, completely ridiculous play. He S&Vs a lot, but his volleying skills are extremely inconsistent, and he lacks great technique. Adrian is a good returner and has good movement, not a good match-up for Brown. Hope he gets this second set too.

141 - 160 of 177 Posts