141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Banned
4,133 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Re: Week 40: Buenos Aires, Argentina [Entry List]

Wow, what a great comeback from Machi, I am so happy for him he reached the final in Bs As. He is such a great fighter :) Good luck to him today in the final, vamos!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Maximo GONZALEZ def. Juan Pablo BRZEZICKI 3:6 7:5 6:0

Maximo was *3:5 0:40 down in 2nd set and it looked like it's over, but he fought up and made it 7:5!:eek: Then he easily took third set - 6:0! :worship::woohoo:

I watched almost the whole match where Brzezicki was leading 6-3/5-3 and I left home believing that Machi was finished as he looked during the 2nd set. To be honest I don`t know what to think.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Gonzalez def. Cuevas 6-4 6-3

Pablo was awful. Great victory for Machi again, this time at home in Argentina! What an amazing two weeks this has been for him, and very well deserved coming back from the ACL injury.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Machi was really solid and composed, and Pablo made a lot of errors, did not serve well, and didn't return consistently enough. Just not good from Pablo, but Machi once again proves his professionalism and grit. He's working his way back to the ATP tour where he belongs.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Congrats for Machi for the victory. I agree with Flyboy about his description of the match. Good for Machi as he is finding his best level again.

It might be a quite sore taste for Pablo to lose two finals in a row. I heard him yesterday and was definitely looking forward to win today. However, Pablo is showing some good tennis and the positive thing is that he is showing his best tennis again. Good luck for him in the next Challenger tournaments.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts