Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Re: Week 39: Napoli 2, Italy [Entry List]

Ahm 6-3 *3-0!

Dont Choke Son!

Feddy Gill Is So Washed Up, Losing To Everyone, Love It.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

I'm really disgusted with Fred. Horrible perfomance, no confidence, no heart and worst of all, no game for AHM. Is serve was awful, and AHM was on fire today. Although Gil manage to beat Karlovic last year in Miami, Fred is always a player that cannot handle big servers.

Anyway congrats to Andreas, really the better player today. I hope he win the whole thing.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Gil will still be top 100 even after losing today. He doesn't have a huge amount to defend so two good events through the rest of the year should see him in the top 100 at the end of the year. Today he was weak, looked defeated with his attitude, and was overpowered. AHM is starting to really raise his level. He's always had some game, but the confidence from the US Open seems to have extended itself. Hopefully he continues to grow as a player.

The racist won today. Terrible result for tennis and life.

Also Dustov defeating Crugnola. Bad missed opportunity for Marco. He seems unable to string wins together.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #133

DOUBLES QFs

D.MUNOZ-DE LA NAVA (ESP) & S.VAGNOZZI (ITA) vs Y.ALLEGRO (SUI) & J.HUTA GALUNG (NED) 6-4 6-2
[3] H.MANKAD (IND) & D.MARTIN (USA) vs A.BRIZZI (ITA) & F.COLANGELO (ITA) 6-4 6-1
A.HAIDER-MAURER (AUT) & B.KNITTEL (GER) vs [WC] W. TRUSENDI (ITA) & M. VIOLA (ITA) 6-3 6-4
[2] D.BRACCIALI (ITA) & F.CIPOLLA (ITA) vs M.CRUGNOLA (ITA) & A.MOTTI (ITA) 6-3 6-7(4) 10-3

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

That was about as bad as it gets with the forehand volley miss from Oscar. That was pure choke city right there. He was ahead the entire tiebreaker and just kept making errors when in winning positions. Poto had no business winning and I can only hope he loses before the final and does not win this event.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

SECOND ROUND

[1,WC] Potito STARACE (ITA) vs Oscar HERNANDEZ (ESP) 5-7 6-2 7-6(5)
[Q] Boris PASHANSKI (SRB) vs Benoit PAIRE (FRA) 7-6(1) 7-6(5)
Andreas HAIDER-MAURER (AUT) vs [3] Frederico GIL (POR) 6-3 6-2
[Q] Farrukh DUSTOV (UZB) vs Marco CRUGNOLA (ITA) 7-5 7-6(3)

[6] Albert RAMOS-VINOLAS (ESP) vs Alessio DI MAURO (ITA) 6-2 6-3
Antonio VEIC (CRO) vs [Q] Aldin SETKIC (BIH) 6-3 6-3
[8] Simone BOLELLI (ITA) vs Simone VAGNOZZI (ITA) 6-4 7-6(2)
[2, WC] Fabio FOGNINI (ITA) vs [WC] Alberto BRIZZI (ITA) 6-2 3-6 6-2

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

Fabio v Simone QF, I'm thinking Fabio even though Simone has been the better player of the two so far. Simone NEEDS to win this match. It would do so much for him. PLEASE, I beg of you Simone, muster up some good form and win!
Would love to see this match!!!! May the better win :)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

QFs
[1,WC] Potito STARACE (ITA) vs [Q] Boris PASHANSKI (SRB)
Andreas HAIDER-MAURER (AUT) vs [Q] Farrukh DUSTOV (UZB)
[6] Albert RAMOS-VINOLAS (ESP) vs Antonio VEIC (CRO)
[2, WC] Fabio FOGNINI (ITA) vs [8] Simone BOLELLI (ITA)

121 - 140 of 173 Posts