Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Re: Week 39: Montevideo, Uruguay [Entry List]

I am seeing Vasallo on bwin stream and looks good. they are 64 *01

Cuevas 64 63 tomorrow? I remember some years ago (2007,2008?) when Cuevas choked a match vs Villagran on this tournament :lol:
2007. I was there, it was sth like 6/4 0/6 6/4. I so hated Villagrán that day, it was the definition of pusher in person.

I'd say 6/2 7/6 tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

DOUBLES QFs
[1] J.P.BRZEZICKI (ARG) & S.VENTURA (ESP) vs P.CUEVAS (URU) & M.CUEVAS (URU) 6-2 3-6 10-8
[4] C.BERLOCQ (ARG) & B.DABUL (ARG) vs A.MOLTENI (ARG) & G.PELLA (ARG) 6-3 6-2
J.AGUILAR (CHI) & M.ALUND (ARG) vs D.JUNQUEIRA (ARG) & M.VASSALLO ARGUELLO (ARG) 4-6 6-1 10-8
[2] M.GONZALEZ (ARG) & S.PRIETO (ARG) vs P.CERVENAK (SVK) & I.KLEC (SVK) 2-6 7-6(4) 10-7

·
Registered
23,424 Posts

M.Gonzalez d. Cuevas 1-6 6-3 6-4

Machi did great to stay in the match and in the third set he was a much more solid player. Great title for him. :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

Yay, congrats to Machi!!! :)

·
Registered
3,015 Posts

Great victory for Machi that is going to help him to jump to the top 175. :worship:

This is his first victory on the Challenger tour since Santiago (March 2009)

Well done :yeah:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

Amazing, Machi. So happy for him! Especially given this is in Montevideo v Pablo and his home crowd advantage. He's such a solid pro. He just competed hard and kept it consistent and Pablo made far too many mistakes. It's too bad he tore his ACL, I hope that he has a great end of the year and start of next year and can get back on the ATP tour. I love Machi even more than the average clay player because he also plays decently on quicker courts. More and more he's becoming one of my favorite players.

As for Cuevas, he had a good week, disappointing result in the final, but he's all but assured a top 100 position at the end of the season, and he's got his game back, which is what matters. Good luck to both through the end of the year.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts