11. Devilder, Nicolas FRA 178
12. Kubot, Lukasz POL 184
13. Luczak, Peter AUS 188
14. Berrer, Michael GER 192
15. Snobel, Pavel CZE 201

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Week 38: Szczecin (POLAND)

Adam Chadaj should get a WC, but not likely, though I imagine some Polish players will get them.

It's a very good lineup for sure.

#4 ·

No, no, it's not as good as you think it will be. Mathieu and Chela cannot play because they're in the top 50 and they didn't receive any WC's. The organizators say they don't really know what's up with this Mathieu on the list (they didn't mention Chela because they didn't realize 50th position is the top 50 as well), so I asked if the WC will go to Mathieu then. They answered the WC is likely to go to Younes El Anayoui but they say anything is official so far. I confessed to be sadly surprised with lack of Chucho Acasuso or Gael Monfils, because I had thought they'd be the invited ones. And I added this tournament wouldn't have any real stars, while the average age of players would be around 28 - no one's really promising (last year there were eg. Wawrinka, Mónaco and Gasquet... many promising young players played in previous years, like Gaudio, Ferrero or Grosjean...) or in good shape (Sanguinetti seems to be in the best one). It sounded like they were inspired with the idea of talking to Chucho but ehhh somehow I'm a pessimist. And they had already talked to Monfils, he has some exhibition matches already set - unfortunately.

Other WC's are said to go to Matkowski / Fyrstenberg / Kubot.

I shouldn't say things like this as a person engaged in this tournament, but I'm allowed as a tennis fan: they could have contracted more attractive names around the same ranking, including Novak Djokovic for instance.

#5 ·

Top 50 players can play in Challengers that's just a myth, it's only the top 10 that can't play. Ljubicic played in Zagreb and Hrbaty played in Bratislava.

#6 ·

As far as I know they need a WC. However the rulebook says this event we're talking about can offer up to 4 WC's to players between 11 and 50. But you know, everything in the country I live in is so difficult to think over and do... They talk like they didn't know the rulebook at all. Thanks for encourage anyway :)

#8 · (Edited)

Corrected entry list (8/30/05):

PEKAO OPEN 2005
SZCZECIN, POLAND
19 – 25 SEPTEMBER 2005
$ 125,000 + H CATEGORY (€ 106.250)
32 DRAW

PROMASTERS FOUNDATION COURTS
AL. WOJSKA POLSKIEGO 127
70 490 SZCZECIN
SURFACE: CLAY
BALL: TRETORN Z TOUR
PRIZE MONEY: USD
WEB SITE: www.pekaoopen@promasters.pl

OUT Sanguinetti, Davide ITA 59
2 Martin, Alberto ESP 61
3 Calleri, Agustin ARG 67
4 Zabaleta, Mariano ARG 72
5 Serra, Florent FRA 74
6 Hernandez, Oscar ESP 78
7 Sabau, Razvan ROM 82
8 Montanes, Albert ESP 86
9 Behrend, Tomas GER 89
10 Vanek, Jiri CZE 92
OUT Almagro, Nicolas ESP 95
OUT Starace, Potito ITA 100
OUT Costa, Albert ESP 104
OUT Mantilla, Felix ESP 105
OUT Sanchez, David ESP 107
OUT Tabara, Michal CZE 113
17 Di Mauro, Alessio ITA 115
18 Vicente, Fernando ESP 120
19 Portas, Albert ESP 124
OUT Ulihrach, Bohdan CZE 127
21 Marach, Oliver AUT 129
22 Marin, Juan Antonio CRC 130
23 (SE) Mirnegg, Marco AUT
24 (SE)
25 (WC) Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG
26 (WC) Fystenberg, Mariusz POL
27 (WC) Urban, Filip POL
28 (WC) Matkowski, Marcin POL
29 (Q) Trujillo-Soler, Gabriel ESP
30 (Q) Novak, David CZE
31 (Q) Poch-Gradin, Carles ESP
32 (Q) Olejniczak, Dawid POL

Alternates
IN Labadze, Irakli GEO 143
IN Calatrava, Alex ESP 145
IN Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben ESP 147
IN Daniel, Marcos BRA 148
OUT Brzezicki, Juan Pablo ARG 150
IN Navarro Pastor, Ivan ESP 154
OUT Gicquel, Marc FRA 170
OUT Guzman, Juan-Pablo ARG 171
OUT Luzzi, Federico ITA 175
OUT Gabashvili, Teimuraz RUS 177
OUT Devilder, Nicolas FRA 178
IN Kubot, Lukasz POL 184
IN Luczak, Peter AUS 188
OUT Berrer, Michael GER 192
IN Snobel, Pavel CZE 201
IN Chadaj, Adam POL

#9 ·

heh, the official site is

www.pekaoopen.com.pl

i'll be writing match reports (hopefully interviews too lol) for that website. it has the english and german vesion as well. i only wonder why didn't they translate all the "off courts" attractions for players, hostesses, journalists and the VIP's. maybe they're aware of players girlfriends who wouldn't let them go ;) few years ago young Chucho Acasuso did striptease at the "tennis disco".

#10 ·

Nathaliia said:
As far as I know they need a WC. However the rulebook says this event we're talking about can offer up to 4 WC's to players between 11 and 50. But you know, everything in the country I live in is so difficult to think over and do... They talk like they didn't know the rulebook at all. Thanks for encourage anyway :)
You are correct: players ranked 11-50 cannot enter challengers. They may accept wild cards; the number of wild cards is limited by the level of the challenger.

2005 ATP Official Rulebook:
6.08 PLAY-UP REGULATION (CHALLENGER SERIES TOURNAMENTS)
A. Restrictions
1) Players positioned 1-10 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking (Singles) are prohibited from entering, accepting a wild card and/or competing in a Challenger Series Tournament. Players who would have been, had they and all other players entered, a Direct Acceptance on the original Acceptance List for a Grand Slam are prohibited from entering, accepting a wild card and/or competing in a Challenger Series Tournament in the first week of the Grand Slam Tournament.
2) Players positioned 11-50 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking (Singles) twenty-one (21) days prior to the first Monday of the Challenger Series Tournament are prohibited from entering but may receive an ATP-approved wild card in order to compete in the Challenger Tournament. The Challenger Supervisor will make wild card determinations consistent with the limitations outlined below. Players positioned 11-50 are also prohibited from entering, accepting a wild card or competing in Challenger Series Tournaments that offer less than $50,000 in on-site prize money.
3) Challenger Series Tournaments scheduled the same week as an ATP Tournament may offer wild cards to players positioned 11-50 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking (Singles) who have received approval from the ATP on-site Supervisor according to the following breakdown:
$125,000 in prize money up to (2) two wild cards
$100,000 in prize money up to (1) one wild card
$75,000 in prize money up to (1) one wild card
$50,000 in prize money up to (1) one wild card
$37,500 in prize money no wild card
$25,000 in prize money no wild card
4) Challenger Series Tournaments not scheduled in the same week as ATP Tournaments, or during the 2nd week of a Grand Slam, may offer wild cards to players positioned 11-50 in the INDESIT ATP Entry Ranking (Singles) who have received approval from the ATP on-site Supervisor according to the following breakdown:
$150,000 in prize money up to (4) four wild cards
$125,000 in prize money up to (4) four wild cards
$100,000 in prize money up to (3) three wild card
$75,000 in prize money up to (2) two wild card
$50,000 in prize money up to (1) one wild card
$37,500 in prize money no wild card
$25,000 in prize money no wild card

#11 ·

Is anybody coming from here? I thinking about it, but i need to pass the exams first...:(

#13 ·

Nathaliia said:
heh, the official site is

www.pekaoopen.com.pl

i'll be writing match reports (hopefully interviews too lol) for that website. it has the english and german vesion as well. i only wonder why didn't they translate all the "off courts" attractions for players, hostesses, journalists and the VIP's. maybe they're aware of players girlfriends who wouldn't let them go ;) few years ago young Chucho Acasuso did striptease at the "tennis disco".
:haha: So where are the photos of Chucho's striptease....... :angel: That would have been sooooo funny!!!!!!

#14 · (Edited)

Rosie said:
:haha: So where are the photos of Chucho's striptease....... :angel: That would have been sooooo funny!!!!!!
they didn't publish it :( but i know Chucho was also in the jury choosing the prettiest hostess of the tournament. i must admit (unfortunately heh ;) ;) ;) ;)) they always have very beautiful hostesses

here's the link to 2004 gallery... some interesting pics including Yayo Massa playing the guitar
http://www.pekaoopen.com.pl/2004/?id=10

edit, those pics are great
http://www.pekaoopen.com.pl/2004/pics//gallery/small/337.jpg
http://www.pekaoopen.com.pl/2004/pics//gallery/small/334.jpg
http://www.pekaoopen.com.pl/2004/pics//gallery/small/338.jpg
http://www.mvb.pl/~www-pekao/2003/gallery2/g035.jpg
http://www.mvb.pl/~www-pekao/2003/gallery2/g044.jpg

#17 · (Edited)

as far as I know it's not him, but Rosie should know it better :worship: .

That guy came with Yayo Massa I guess. His coach at this tourney was Francisco Yunis or however he's called. But in gallery there were 2 guys playing the guitar... The guy in the pic you pasted link to was for 100% in Sopot 2004 b'cause I was sitting next to him and he was smoking all the time, he came with Roitman.

#18 ·

I belive he is puerta's manager, as far as i remember he told me that he is a manager of him on players party in Sopot this year.
And as most of these guys he is smart ass, thinking that he is the best, he can do everything he can have everything.

#19 · (Edited)

Oh they all seem to be managers... :) Maybe I messed some people, I don't have memory to faces sometimes (it's an illness, unfortunately). BTW Luke, do you have "gadu-gadu" or anything just in a case?

That guy Kuba Kowalski (I guess you know him) responsible for my "future golden thoughts" on the official website told me last year one of those guys was Massa's coach and I thought it was this one.

"he can have everything" - haha I guess no one can, even Federer :lol:

PS. It is still possible that Chela will get the 3rd WC instead of Kubot - and it will be YAY :) (I am too patriotic at times)

#25 ·

Nathaliia said:
as far as I know it's not him, but Rosie should know it better :worship: .

That guy came with Yayo Massa I guess. His coach at this tourney was Francisco Yunis or however he's called. But in gallery there were 2 guys playing the guitar... The guy in the pic you pasted link to was for 100% in Sopot 2004 b'cause I was sitting next to him and he was smoking all the time, he came with Roitman.
LOL - haven't been to this thread for a while - and nice to know I am developing a reputation as most knowledgable person on the subject of Argentine coaches and other "behind the scenes" personnel :p One of the main problems is that Argentine players change their Managers and Coaches more often than many people change their clothes :devil: - but to the best of my knowledge that guy in the photo is not Mariano's Manager - though he has changed his coach in the past month and (perhaps) his Manager too :confused: I haven't been to a tourney since Wimbledon and many things can change!!!! I thought that guy was Massa's coach too (like Nathi says) though I can't remember his name at present.

And as for thinking they can have everything - well Luke - all the Argentine guys of my acquaintance think like that - it's part of their charm :p (or they think it is!)

Anyway - Nathi and everyone going to his tourney - have a brilliant time - I am so jealous of you - I wish I could tell work to "f*** off!" and come and join you all.....especially as Calleri is meant to be coming. I love Calleri.............so please look after him for me - but preferably not with some of those beautiful hostesses - he has a wife at home ;) And as far as I know Agustin's coach is still the Franciso Yunis you mentioned earlier...............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.