Mens Tennis Forums banner

401 - 409 of 409 Posts

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Caralimon said:
Calleri is the new champion.

4-6 6-3 6-2 to Martin. Congrats
Are you sure :confused: The official site scoreboard is still stuck in 3rd set :eek:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Congrats Agustin! :bounce:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Yes - congrats my lovely Agustin :worship:

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
i was proud to help Agustin to win the tournament yay ;) ;) ;) trust me it wasn't easy but Agustin played the best the most important balls... my article about the final was crap but i had only somehow 8 minutes (!) to write it! so when i'll be translating it somewhere in future for you don't be mad at me i produced the crap thing.

of course, the best thing was at a press conf. as always

- Agustin, here's such a tradition that the winner always sings or plays guitar for us.
- I'm sorry, this time the tradition will be broken.
- Look, here's the magazine. Edgardo Massa is playing guitar on the pic.
- (Agustin dies of laughter) Massa was born without feeling any shame for what he does.

But he left the shoes for us (what's another tradition). and his racquet ("Pass on the racquet")

kindest greetings to everyone, thank you, I'm glad I could be together with you during the tournament,
Nathaliia

PS. Don't misunderstand me please when I wrote "the second girl didn't come to work that day" because it was out of serious private matters. i'm not complaining anyway - the whole tourney was a megaadventure for me... ;) !

one of the most satisfying moments in my life....!!!! especially when i was praised after the job or when Senior Yunis said "thank you for everything"... ehh... i am really just a one step from becoming a workaholic!

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Nathi :hug: - thanks for your report and for keeping us all up-to-date with your lovely tournament. I might even come to Szczecin next year......though don't tell the Argentine players and coaches or they'll all run away and hide (j/k). Have a nice last evening and a safe journey back home.

And many congrats to "my" Agustin for winning this Final :bigclap:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Congrats to Calleri for winning this title. Nat did you ask him any good questions?

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
hello everyone, i'm back home, half dead as always (500 km away from Szczecin this time).

my articles (i can translate any of them if you want me to)
* Dawid Olejniczak (my first one! after Q, but i think it's quite funny!)
* drawing
* Zabaleta & Chela TV show (already translated)
* Calleri conference after match with Luczak (already translated)
* Kubot conference after match with Snobel
* Marcos Daniel - article
* Florent Serra - article
* Alessio di Mauro conference after match with Behrend
* Players Party (translated)
* Chela against Vanek match report (translated)
* Teimuraz Gabashvili - article (based on a private conversation lol i'm bad!)
* Calleri against di Mauro match report
* Calleri conference after match with di Mauro
* Practise sessions (including Vanhoudt's attempts of killing the one writing these words) - article
* Calleri against Chela match report
* Martin against Serra match report
* Martin conference after SF
* Calleri conference after SF
* Matka / Frytka conference after winning the tourney
* final report and last press conferences = half work of my boss and me...

George, yes in fact I asked him few questions, the one I mentioned about Malaga and of course about his late start - he said it's because of lack of money and the bad economy situation in Argentina then, he had to quit tennis at the age of 20-21 because of no money. In that time (it was another question) he was helping his dad in the wine shop (so here we've got it!) in the kind of "thank you" activity for sponsoring his travels to the tourneys. Then I asked were the economical things the reason that the teenagers in Argentina don't have successes like teenagers in other countries, like where is Andy Murray and Leonardo Mayer now for instance. He said yes, but he added nowaday the situation was getting better and better. Of course me being the one "organising" bisons for his coaches I asked if it's going to bring him luck in the final.
I am far from calling any tennis players sexy, handsome or whatever because I don't look for these traits in tennis at all, the only exception I make for Micke Ryderstedt (who's got me killed!) and THAT look of Calleri when he heard my question. He made so funny face with clever smile saying: "I'm bad, bad Agustin! And my coaches are bad, bad Francisco and Claudio" and he showed the empty place with his finger and boasted: "I took it!". He said he's gonna give it to one of his many nephews. So I asked if he has kids himself. He blushed and said "No".

Story of my questions to Agustin ;) Not all are mentioned in press conferences b'casue I'm too lazy to write everything what's said, I prefer to participate in discussion than to write it down to copybook.

Once again, I wanted to thank all of you, especially George and Rosie for support and Delsa for nice ideas for interview with Florent Serra (I'll translate it esp. for you!).

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Aha and b'cause I'm a Polish girl, and Polish girls are troubles, I had some funny misunderstanding yesterday while making interview with Senior Yunis. This interview was a basement for an article about Yunis / Gorriz. I didn't type this article to the computer and it was not published because of no time. But it was very funny:

Nathii: Have you had any funny things during your coach career?
Senior Yunis: No! I'm a coach, I work! I travel and not look for funny things!!! I have a wife!!! (while of wonder) And I have never been to Sopot!!!

Geez, I can give loads of funny things (in the right meaning :lol: )from my very short amateur journalist career but the one I wrote above was the best I think!

BTW there are some players or their "people" who are constantly following MTF. Greetings (to those).

it was great as well...
Nathii: Last year you had Edgardo Massa here who won the tourney and you came with him, now Agustin is in with the views on victory... what's the mystery of those good starts?
Senior Yunis: I am a very good coach (rattling his bison to me). After my insisting, he continued: We like to come here and play here, everything is so great here, the organization is perfect, courts are good, press office is amazing (heh, no doubts!)... by the way, can you organize the big ball for autographs for my kids as well?
=============
Nathii: Last year you played the guitar at the press conference, will you repeat it if Agustin wins?
Senior Yunis: I'm a terrible guitar player... this year I came here with the word I won't make a fool of myself again so don't you try to change my mind!

401 - 409 of 409 Posts