Mens Tennis Forums banner

341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
5-2. Moya

Oh and does anyone think JC is fucked? :sad: I mean if he has ankle issues with his first match then how is he going to win tomorrow or go far? Andy has this number one ranking wrapped up for him. Shame on you Roger for giving that Montreal match away with your lazy competitiveness. :shout: :fiery:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Moya won 63

What an amazing comeback, just a bit less spectacular than Ferrero's.

Anyway, well done Carlos!

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
I don't think he has much of an ankle problem, does he? He had the injury time out to take off the wraping, not to put it on.

Andy is far far from having it all wrapped up. :)

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
It didn't sound like Ferrero was actually hurt today. I didn't get to see it, but someone said the trainer was called to take OFF tape, not to fix something that was hurting. Maybe you can clear that up for us?

I know he had the heel problem or whatever to make him pull out of Vienna, but to me there seems no reason to think that Ferrero can't beat Mantilla (who has lost to Ferrero ALL SEVEN times they've played). These guys are all fighters or they wouldn't be where they are at such young ages - I wouldn't count anyone out prematurely.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: Re: Wednesday Schedule / Scores / Results

I'll say, that's unbelievably bad luck for Mantilla - there he was, thinking that Ferrero would lose and he might not have to play his nemesis in the next round, and there he is waiting for him once again. Since there is an unofficial rule that when these two play it must always go three sets (including in Grand Slams, hence this year's destruction at RG), I except another 7-6 in the third win for Ferrero where he looks physically out of it but comes back to win - not because of feigned injuries, I stress, but because that's the way all their matches pan out.

·
85,829 Posts
LOL Well I guess tomorrow will be good, then. I didn't know anything about their history but it sounds interesting to be sure.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Good for Carlos. Sucks for Gaston AGAIN.

·
85,829 Posts
At least Moya broke through the "One To Watch" curse LOL

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Well we all knew the trend had to stop at SOME point right? lol

341 - 351 of 351 Posts