Mens Tennis Forums banner

321 - 340 of 351 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
he does?

I was totally indifferent about the match, but I must say that a Ferrero-Federer semi will be exciting.

·
85,829 Posts
Re: Re: Wednesday Schedule / Scores / Results

claudine140 said:
where are you looking at that match? How do you know his foot is hurting?
Well, Ferrero had pulled out of Vienna due to a "serious heel injury" so maybe it's not 100% better yet.

·
Registered
22,537 Posts
JCF called the trainer at 2-5 down. He had some strapping on his ankle. I think he just wanted to take the strapping off, I didn't see any treatment.

lol Becca ;) Real good quality match :D

·
85,829 Posts
uh oh is Moya gonna fall to the ATP "one to watch" curse too?

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Well, Gaudio is serving for the match now, something I never would have predicted after the drubbing he received from Moya in the Davis Cup - but then, this being Gaudio and all, I ain't saying anything for certain until this service game is over...

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Wednesday Schedule / Scores / Results

Well, erm, there's no easy way of putting this... Gaudio has done it AGAIN, my friends. It's now 5-5, and while I find myself speechless with mirth at another choke on his part, I do actually want him to win. If both Moya and Ferrero scrape through... lucky beggars, is all I can say.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

...and in a most shocking and unpredictable development, Moya wins 4 games in a row from 3-5 down to take the second set 7-5. Anyone want to take any odds on Gaudio getting a game in the third set?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, I want Carlos to win but Gaston's choking is really :eek: ..... :tape: ...... :help:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
That's unbelievable!!! Moya saved a match point at 5-4 and he is winning now in the third 3-0! He is doing almost the same as Ferrero!!!

What a day for the best spaniards, and in Spain! It's amazing, simply amazing...

·
Registered
11,359 Posts

Yep, and as I said on another site I don't think it's a coincidence that both Spaniards have come back from their opponents serving for the match and being matchpoint down with this raucous and partisan crowd support. But still, that was more of a factor in the Ferrero match - as expressed above, Gaudio's choking ability really defies belief. Plenty of people lose from being a set and a break up in the second and not being able to hang onto it, but he has to wait until the last possible moment to throw it all away and let his fans know that it ain't going to be his day. Quite ironic, after the way he came back against Nieminen.

321 - 340 of 351 Posts