Mens Tennis Forums banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Banned
3,273 Posts
wow Tommy :D :D so happy for him :)

but Marat :sad: :sad: better luck next tournament...

El Aynaoui leads Lopez 7-6 2-2 :)

·
Banned
3,273 Posts
omg seems like I made a mistake or it's livescore.com :eek:

anyway, Lopez d. El Aynaoui 7-6 7-6 from official site :( :sad:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I was rooting for Roboredo...or would have been if I was around..

Nice for him to pick up a good win like this - yeah, yeah, Marat isn't 100%, but it's still a damn good win for a guy who hasn't won much all year. He's been getting some awful draws, this one included.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well, everyone who did well here last year keeps tumbling out - and El Aynaoui's 2003 tiebreak nightmares continue. That's the second time he's lost in two straight breakers in the Middle East, the first being to Koubek in Doha 7-6, 7-6. It's these left-handers, you know... seriously, I think his problem is that they can find a better forehand angle to his weaker backhand side and get errors out of him.

Pity, I was hoping that he would make some steps towards capturing another Arabic tournament. Still, it does mean that only Mirnyi can usurp Federer in the Champions Race this week, and even then he'd have to win the whole thing.

·
Registered
864 Posts
RogiFan said:
:) Thanks Sjengster! Yes, I'd prefer an all-Spaniard match next rd too! So vamos, Feli!!

Riley Finn: "kartofla"? does that have sth to do w a potato???

warfreakbix: "orgasmic proportions" lol! I guess if it's a Marat match, that will inevitably happen!! ;)

Who plays next anyway?
how did you guess? :)

bntw,sorry I left but I lost my connection

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well, I for one know that "Kartoffel" means potato in German, so I assumed that there might be some linguistic link...

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Sjengster said:
Well, I for one know that "Kartoffel" means potato in German, so I assumed that there might be some linguistic link...
German & Russian are very closely linked . . . that and the coll. "kartoshka" mean potato (hmm, do I smell a new nickname for our world #1? :D)

201 - 213 of 213 Posts