Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nando Chica
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey:

Ok, here's the thing: I need some help on how to make (good) layouts for websites! I see all these great sites with awesome layouts, and it can't be that hard! I just have no idea where to start and how to do it... so any help would be greatly appreciated!

In the end, I want to be able to produce something like this or this...

(Oh yeah, any help on the graphic part would be nice too ;) )

·
Registered
65,539 Posts
I haven't worked with HTML in a while. I used to have a website but I was forced to take it down because I didn't have time anymore because of university and all that junk and haven't put a new one online since.
Well, websites like the ones you posted aren't that hard to make...I think they are working with DIV's (someone correct me if I'm wrong). For someone who is no professional it's a bit hard to explain how the coding actually works. I could make a site like this (if I had a layout) in less than 20 minutes but to explain someone else how to do it I would need hours. :eek:

·
Nando Chica
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's the thing... there are tons of sites offering templates... but I want to be able to make my own! :lol: One of those two examples uses div layers, yes, the other one is with tables I guess. I do have some basic HTML knowledge, but I'm not too good with coding... I usually use WYSIWYG editors. But I really want to learn!

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
You can find a lot of online tutorials. Just type "HTML tutorials" or "div layers tutorials" in Google or Yahoo search.

·
Registered
65,539 Posts
Eruwen said:
Yeah, that's the thing... there are tons of sites offering templates... but I want to be able to make my own! :lol: One of those two examples uses div layers, yes, the other one is with tables I guess. I do have some basic HTML knowledge, but I'm not too good with coding... I usually use WYSIWYG editors. But I really want to learn!
Which editor do you use?

·
Nando Chica
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dreamweaver

·
Nando Chica
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mandoura said:
You can find a lot of online tutorials. Just type "HTML tutorials" or "div layers tutorials" in Google or Yahoo search.
Yes I know, but it's hard to find exactly what I'm looking for... But I've only just discovered today that a lot of the layouts of sites that I like are probably div layers, so I'll give that one a go later! :yeah:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
The graphics I can definitely help with, if you want. I do layouts for LiveJournal but that's Global Head... I can't do html :awww:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
ooh and how did you get pictures to work in your signature?

·
Nando Chica
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
adelaide said:
The graphics I can definitely help with, if you want. I do layouts for LiveJournal but that's Global Head... I can't do html :awww:
Actually, I meant information about how to make those graphics (though I guess it's just a matter of trying), but thanks for offering!
adelaide said:
ooh and how did you get pictures to work in your signature?
Premium members can now put images in their siggies ;)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
ooh making the graphics. um. do you have photoshop?

·
Nando Chica
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I use PSP... I can make some pretty cool stuff already (if I may say so myself :lol: ), but maybe someone has a few pointers on how to make those elaborate graphics (like the ones that you can see on the sites of the links that I put in the first post).

·
Nando Chica
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a good program, but the thing is... since it's a WYSIWYG editor, you have no idea what you're doing and why :lol: You just make sure that it looks good... which results in me hardly knowing a thing about coding. But I've found some useful sites already which will help me! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts