Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
well this is fitting. it hasnt rained here all summer. of course it should start now.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Grrrrr. The commentator said it's raining cats and dogs right now, but it is supposed to brighten up later. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Well, it's still raining just as hard, if not more. :mad: I just saw a live feed from one of the courts. it looks truly gloomy.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Juan Carlos probably was there in Flushing Meadows untill late at night waiting for the organizers to take some decision that they couldnt play at all after the rain came back. Therefor, it would be terrible for him if he had to play the first match. As it keeps on raining, though, its not even important anymore. If it keeps on like this, they will probably put loads of singles matches at the same time, in even more courts all over. Its the only way to get out of the trap they created for themselves.
Thats the ONE good point of the rain: seeing the a**holes realize they have to think better next time.

·
Registered
752 Posts
they're saying all this rain is gonna be tougher on the older guys. :D

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Okay, sorry for leading everyone on, this is truly the slowest fucking rainstorm I've seen in . . . well, ever.

hitman, you are truly after my heart :kiss: I agree with everything you said and thensome.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Think those that were playing later left at 5 pm yesterday once they knew the rain was continuing.
But this is getting ridiculous - almost worse than Wimbledon. It's going to take a hell of a lot of catching up & the rest days will sson dissapear altogether.
It's almost 5 hours since play should have started & they were hoping for clearer weather later in the afternoon, but so far no go.
Am I pleased i'm not there & haven't paid money for a seat - it would be just so frustrating

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
They changed the schedule again. The unfinished matches go first now, as I said before.
The people on tv said that they were expecting the rain to finish just after 7pm New York time. Thats in about an hour.
For the weather forecast, I would risk saying they wont start playing before 8, 9 pm.
Another day totally screwed. Now Im really looking forward to see what the "genious" will work out for the schedule.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts