Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennis players are all boring apart from Gulbis, the man is legitimately fun that is why we need more players like Gulbis. We need trash talkers as it would add to the spice of the game, I hate the fact that everyone is so timid in press conferences and don't say what they feel. Gulbis speaks his mind he will say what he feels why do other players not do that, the rest talk like robots I want them to so some emotion or personality.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
A rising Gulbis is great for tennis. I hope he wins both RG and the US Open. The Gulbis personality is every bit as good as the Gulbis game.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Agreed OP, Gulbis is a huge breath of fresh air in the era of political correctness

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I love how people keep going on like Gulbis is the only half interesting player on tour.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I love how people keep going on like Gulbis is the only half interesting player on tour.
Nice strawman but really he's the only half interesting relevant player. I've sure there is some idiot ranked 147 who is funny too.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Speaking your mind is only good when you don't have the mind of a colossal asshole.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
If the rest of the tour was like Gulbis he would cease to be interesting as his type would simply be the norm, and Ernie would have an identity crisis as he thrives on being the outspoken one on tour.

Like that episode of The Simpsons when the whole town decides to act like Bart Simpson.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
He says things because he knows it gets reactions from fools starved for a "rebel" to idolize. It's as calculated as any other persona.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
He doesn't need to "behave" for the sponsors because screw them. He's richer than some of them.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
No.

Just because you have a big mouth doesn't make you interesting :lol:

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts