Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
... Just for the lols. I really want to see this match in the final, just for the lols really. It'd be boring match as it'd be too likely to be one sided (and quite frankly, should wawrinka reach the final, it'd be a lot more entertaining to have him face djokovic). But hey, at least, it might stamp out all the bombast about Murray and what not, dampen expectations, stam out fanaticism, and dispel a few myths... and it'd be hilarious!
Point is, if Murray changes his style and become that much more agressive, I might just start to enjoy watching him. Till then, Wawrinka and Serena Williams allt he way woohoo!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I semi-agree but you shouldn't be posting this
Er, only my folks can castigate me thanks.

For now I am more than happy to bear all lights on what a journeyman player murray is (remind me of davydenko but I like davy). If the field played a little bit more agressively, we wouldn't hear much about that boring sod. Tennis needs wawrinkas to survive and less murrays

I have never heard so many people collectively marvel at how tantalising it is to watch a player play. Federer is the last player who to some extent elicited such effusion of compliments (and spite lol). Wawrinka is bringing new fans to the sport, we need him to do well!

Registered
Forget Stan, what ever he has done on grass ?!

麓He is irrelevant. Not even QF spot this time , I think.

Wimby title is between Djoko, Murray and Federer.

If Djoko and Murray are on same half, Fed has excellent chance to break another record

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Forget Stan, what ever he has done on grass ?!

麓He is irrelevant. Not even QF spot this time , I think.

Wimby title is between Djoko, Murray and Federer.

If Djoko and Murray are on same half, Fed has excellent chance to break another record
I am not one of those vindictive blokes that quote folks whenever their predictions are wrong but I will certainly say you are too overly optimistic in your analysis.
Murray has done exceptionally well outside of the slams, but is not really a contender for the big titles. I don't anticipate he will be this time round, barring a bad draw for wawrinka.
This is why they have to meet in a final for murray to be tested. If wawrinka exposes him on all fronts, we can put to rest all murray debates and relegate him to the confines of history.

Registered
We will see. Wawrinka is not grass player, he is not contender of Wimbledon title, IMO.

That is my opinion. If you think otherwise.. well ,lets see who is right and wrong in 2 weeks !

Results will tell us the truth !

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
We will see. Wawrinka is not grass player, he is not contender of Wimbledon title, IMO.

That is my opinion. If you think otherwise.. well ,lets see who is right and wrong in 2 weeks !

Results will tell us the truth !
Indeed. May I just add that over the last year and a half, wawrinka has won 2 slams and Murray 0? Just saying...

Registered
I am not one of those vindictive blokes that quote folks whenever their predictions are wrong but I will certainly say you are too overly optimistic in your analysis.
Murray has done exceptionally well outside of the slams, but is not really a contender for the big titles. I don't anticipate he will be this time round, barring a bad draw for wawrinka.
This is why they have to meet in a final for murray to be tested. If wawrinka exposes him on all fronts, we can put to rest all murray debates and relegate him to the confines of history.

You are a mess. The Andersons loss pegged u down a bit but once again u have awoken with ur obsessive crap. Its clear u have gathered a sense of comfort making these delusional and misguided predictions due the US Open 13. Forgeting the injury layoff immediately afterwards. If u want to see how a grass contest between the two when Andy is on form i suggest u find the full match video of their Olympics 12 contest before re-commenting.

Registered
Indeed. May I just add that over the last year and a half, wawrinka has won 2 slams and Murray 0? Just saying...
And how many of those slams were on grass ?
What was his best performance in Wimbledon until 2015? QF !

You are just stupid fanboy, it is not even intereasting to argue with you.

You dont know shit about tennis and even worse- You even dont want to learn about it, you dont want to watch it, you dont want to analyze it . So sad ...

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
You are a mess. The Andersons loss pegged u down a bit but once again u have awoken with ur obsessive crap. Its clear u have gathered a sense of comfort making these delusional and misguided predictions due the US Open 13. Forgeting the injury layoff immediately afterwards. If u want to see how a grass contest between the two when Andy is on form i suggest u find the full match video of their Olympics 12 contest before re-commenting.
Before 2013 I used to wonder why I bothered to watch wawrinka at all.

Wawrinka has now heralded a new era for tennis. One where attacking tennis prevails, one where a formidable backhand is a must to stay atop your opponent, one where retrieving is now seen as bland and quite frankly unappealing for the masses, one where spectators crave real entertainment as opposed to a boring display of circus tennis. Wawrinka is paving the way for the next generation to step outside their comfort zone and play "light out" tennis. We need wawrinka to win majors if only to secure the future of tennis and its fan base. People like watching him play, that has got to count for something as opposed to unabashed and misplaced jingoism!

Registered
Stan has never been especially reliable on grass so it's tough to see him in the final. That said, if this match did happen, I think it'd be more like the first-match-completely-under-the-roof encounter than the Olympics mess.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
And how many of those slams were on grass ?
What was his best performance in Wimbledon until 2015? QF !

You are just stupid fanboy, it is not even intereasting to argue with you.

You dont know shit about tennis and even worse- You even dont want to learn about it, you dont want to watch it, you dont want to analyze it . So sad ...
Past performance is no predictor of future analysis.
When modelling tennis game, they use Markov Chain theory because future events are fully determined by the most recent state as opposed to past behaviour! Essentially, even mathematical theory says you shouldn't care about past performance, only the most recent counts! That quarter final (and the knowledge he wasn't feeling well but drew federer close) showing is what gives me comfort that maybe just maybe he might get far!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Stan has never been especially reliable on grass so it's tough to see him in the final. That said, if this match did happen, I think it'd be more like the first-match-completely-under-the-roof encounter than the Olympics mess.

Well let's hope it happens. If it does, then hopefully the murray hype balloon will be deflated for good and we can get back to real tennis as opposed to circus entertainment...

Registered
Before 2013 I used to wonder why I bothered to watch wawrinka at all.

Wawrinka has now heralded a new era for tennis. One where attacking tennis prevails, one where a formidable backhand is a must to stay atop your opponent, one where retrieving is now seen as bland and quite frankly unappealing for the masses, one where spectators crave real entertainment as opposed to a boring display of circus tennis. Wawrinka is paving the way for the next generation to step outside their comfort zone and play "light out" tennis. We need wawrinka to win majors if only to secure the future of tennis and its fan base. People like watching him play, that has got to count for something as opposed to unabashed and misplaced jingoism!
BULLSHIT !.

If he is future of tennis, the sport of tennis is in deep trouble indeed.

This sport certainly containes more than occasionally lucky ballbasher.

Registered
Yes, we need a repeat of the 2009 classic. Who would have though that both players would win multiple slams back then?

Registered
Past performance is no predictor of future analysis.
When modelling tennis game, they use Markov Chain theory .....
It has its uses, but anyone using solely that will lose a lot of money. Markov-based models also have to use plenty of past data.

..because future events are fully determined by the most recent state as opposed to past behaviour!
This is completely wrong, tennis uses more old data than possibly any other sport around. In a lot of areas you don't have to down-weight for time at all.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
It has its uses, but anyone using solely that will lose a lot of money. Markov-based models also have to use plenty of past data.

This is completely wrong, tennis uses more old data than possibly any other sport around. In a lot of areas you don't have to down-weight for time at all.
The theory is that the current state completely encompasses past events, so you're free to reinterpret what I said. Did I mention I have a PhD in mathematics?

Registered
Discussion Starter #20

Here's a quick excerpt of wiki on markov chain theory:
"A stochastic process has the Markov property if the conditional probability distribution of future states of the process (conditional on both past and present states) depends only upon the present state, not on the sequence of events that preceded it."

1 - 20 of 43 Posts