Mens Tennis Forums banner

1801 - 1811 of 1811 Posts

·
6,098 Posts
Great to have navigated this board (actually joined 12 months ago) and found like-minded tennis fans!
Me, a fan of Nole since 2007 and closely followed his 4 years at Number 3 before his breakthrough successes, and finally his single-handed destruction of the Federer-Nadal duopoly!
Also support compatriot Aussie players Bernard Tomic and Nick Kyrgios -just loved THAT defeat of Nadal at Wimbledon.

·
#freeviktor
93,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,802
Great to have navigated this board (actually joined 12 months ago) and found like-minded tennis fans!
Me, a fan of Nole since 2007 and closely followed his 4 years at Number 3 before his breakthrough successes, and finally his single-handed destruction of the Federer-Nadal duopoly!
Also support compatriot Aussie players Bernard Tomic and Nick Kyrgios -just loved THAT defeat of Nadal at Wimbledon.
Welcome! :)

I also like Kyrgios :yeah:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Welcome DerekHV:)
Great avatar:D

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome! :)

I also like Kyrgios :yeah:
No, you like Thanos :p

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Hi everyone, I am Chico.

I am big fan of Novak Djokovic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just started posting today (and I think someone already thought that I am an alternick), so might as well introduce myself in my favorite player's forum.

Joined in 2011 to find more details on Nole, but decided not to post since I don't really analyze the game, but just love it as it is. I have been a major lurker in this forum, and this year (or was it last year?) started braving the GM section (some scary posts and people in there!)

First tennis player that I followed and loved the game was Pete Sampras, and after he retired, just watched tennis occasionally. Roddick and Safin were my in-betweens, but I cringed every time they argue with the umpire or when they start throwing tantrums on court.

In 2007, Nole was brought to my attention by another poster in another forum (Filipino forum). Got hooked on his game and let's just say I suffered sleepless nights, especially in 2011, when I watched his matches even when I was on the other side of the world. Thankfully my boss was forgiving of my addiction :)

Got a chance to watch Nole play live in Shanghai in 2010. I hope to watch him play in a Slam setting.

Twitter - not really active unless Nole is playing and of course I sometimes post in my native tongue (Filipino). I follow Yolita, Noleksa, ProdigyRep, and other Nole fans. I seldom interact in that platform as well, yikes!

I'll go back now to lurking but I'll try to post once in a while from now on :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi I'm Max :)

Nole fan since 2009 when I started following tennis, analyst of the game. Currently last year of school and I like writing (have done some schhol newsletter stuff) and plan to do some sportswriting especially tennis.

Will hang out here in DjokoLand for time to time. See you round!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi I'm Max :)

Nole fan since 2009 when I started following tennis, analyst of the game. Currently last year of school and I like writing (have done some schhol newsletter stuff) and plan to do some sportswriting especially tennis.

Will hang out here in DjokoLand for time to time. See you round!
Welcome, Max! :wavey:

Djokoland is our oasis, just Nole fans here. :)

Good luck with your writng projects. :yeah:

Looking forward to seeing you around, cheering for our man. :worship:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I realised that I have never presented myself here.

I'm Monika, I'm in early 20s. I couldn't really tell you when did I start watching tennis but my first tennis memory is Mary Pierce winning RG in 1999. Safin was my first fave but I think it's safe to say that I really got into tennis with Rafa in 2005 (it was more occasional until then ,also caused by the fact that there wasn't a whole lot of smaller tournaments on TV, I am pretty sure I haven't seen Novak win his first title :sobbing: ) who I always name as a person who made me completely fall in love with this sport. And then Novak happened , I think I didn't actually start cheering for him until Miami 2007 (as I said, the transmission of the tournaments in Slovenia wasn't anywhere near the level it is today when you can watch even things like Gstaad or Baku for women on TV) .

It has been a privilege to watch those 2 become tennis legends :worship: with many amazing matches between them :drool:.

1801 - 1811 of 1811 Posts