Mens Tennis Forums banner

1761 - 1780 of 1811 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi! :wavey: So, I'm new here and thought I should introduce myself and tell the very strange tale of how I discovered and couldn't let go of Novak Djokovic.

I'm SunIndra, my real name is Isabelle and I come from Sweden. And round this time of the year what dominates TV is winter sports. And we have a skiier, Johan Olsson, who did an amazing 50km race (which over half of it he did alone in the lead). About a week after the race I was on Youtube looking at highlights (you know how it is) and started clicking on the side bar. Thirty clicks or so later I had gone from skiing to funny moments in Tennis. Of course those funny moments came from a certain Serbian player. As I clicked on more of his videos I got more and more intrigued. Finally I spent four days catching up on his career, watching whatever games I could find on YT from 2006 - forward.

To my happiness I found that Novak was playing in a tournament at that moment and of course wanted to se it live. My only problem (so I thought) was the time difference, we're 9 hours or so ahead of the US. But I was prepared to go up 4 AM if it meant seeing Novak play, that's how serious I was about this. So I started channel hopping and to my horror only saw ski, ski and more skiing. Every freaking sports channel aired winter sports. So now when he plays I can only follow this forum, the live scoreboards and catch the highlights on YT afterwards.

Will you let me join you?

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
You're very welcome Isabelle and :worship: you searching all of Nole's matches on youtube. I honestly won't be able to do that.

Please join us following Nole's matches and you can try live stream online for Nole's matches.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You're very welcome Isabelle and :worship: you searching all of Nole's matches on youtube. I honestly won't be able to do that.

Please join us following Nole's matches and you can try live stream online for Nole's matches.

Thank you and yes, it took me four days, a little bit of patience and that those weren't workdays. But I got through it.

Unfortunatley my broadband hates me and won't let me watch livestream, I've tried.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Thank you and yes, it took me four days, a little bit of patience and that those weren't workdays. But I got through it.

Unfortunatley my broadband hates me and won't let me watch livestream, I've tried.
Sorry about your internet speed. Join us in the match thread here then. We are a friendly bunch here. The LS thread in GM is a bit scary though :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello everyone, I joined the forum in January but haven't really been posting. I tend to lurk quite a bit but thought I should introduce myself on here now.

I also had a question (not sure if this is the place to post it?) but is anyone else concerned about Novak's scheduling? Surely he should be preparing for clay season now where he must do well after two straight disappointing losses. Nadal is looking ruthless at the moment and Novak could really be doing with preparing for clay where he still defends 3 finals, which is massive.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Welcome to the forum Insouciant. :wavey:
Whatever Nole and his team decide is best, they know better. At least I'd like to think that. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,008 Posts
Surely he should be preparing for clay season now where he must do well after two straight disappointing losses. Nadal is looking ruthless at the moment and Novak could really be doing with preparing for clay where he still defends 3 finals, which is massive.
I think his main goal is RG without a question. What he does in MC, Madrid and Rome is much less important. Until RG starts he'll have plenty of clay matches, so I wouldn't worry about that part :)

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
Hello everyone, I joined the forum in January but haven't really been posting. I tend to lurk quite a bit but thought I should introduce myself on here now.

I also had a question (not sure if this is the place to post it?) but is anyone else concerned about Novak's scheduling? Surely he should be preparing for clay season now where he must do well after two straight disappointing losses. Nadal is looking ruthless at the moment and Novak could really be doing with preparing for clay where he still defends 3 finals, which is massive.
Welcome :wavey:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you all :)

Yes I know RG is the main priority, just don't want him to lose to Nadal in the masters and give him the mental advantage there that's all! Especially because he's apparently been practicing heavily on clay already which scares me a little. Really hoping he gets a good draw for Monte Carlo.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Hi Nole Fans I joined the forum back in February but never got too Introduction myself here, I been a a Nole fan since way back in 2006 & It been a journey too see how far he has come in tennis and continue go with his success :)

1761 - 1780 of 1811 Posts