Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look the US Open may have not had the best quality tennis.... but the USTA took every precaution to protect its players , doing rigorous testing and keeping them in a secured bubble. They probably lost a lot of money this year.... but they made it up in their protection for all the players.

Roland Garros on the other hand has made some great headlines on all regards. They will allow spectators , they have little safety precautions for players. Testing has been shoddy at best. And who knows what is being forgotten for regulations.

So what is your opinion so far on the FTT vs. USTA?

Reactions: yellow grass

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
"Players Dissatisfied with French Open 2020 After COVID-19 Positive"

"Players and non-playing staff have already expressed their concerns regarding their safety. The incident has also exposed a lack of proper management. Unprofessional behavior too has been highlighted."

·
Premium Member
11,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My question is what have they been doing for 5 months???

They literally were the first tournament to claim the tennis calendar, even before consulting any ATP , ITF , player council , etc.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
"an unnamed, but a high-profile player "

Actually, my source, a famous player, told me the opposite. They are very happy with the RG organizer.
Being able to speak French helps, but it (he/she) was amazed how the organizer adjusted to the schedule change and keep all vendors and suppliers on board and everything works with high quality. Not to mention the season of September adding a little special taste.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
US Open was well-organized and a tremendous success, but for Djokovic's misbehavior.

While French Open has gone from 20,000 to 5,000 and from 5,000 to 1,000 spectators. Of course, it is due to reviewing the situation on a daily basis, which is understandable.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Better at allowing viewers back, worse at exposing players to higher threat of catching the virus because of less stringent protocols.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
"an unnamed, but a high-profile player "

Actually, my source, a famous player, told me the opposite. They are very happy with the RG organizer.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah

Please never stop posting. Keep MTF laughing, we all need it.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I smell a Djokovid positive at RG this year!

Well, I said it before, holding RG in this time of the year, under these circumstances wasn't the wisest decision by the French Tennis Association.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Shit post. FF is doing their best in these very hard times as every tournament or federation. 1000 Spectators is fine for such a big stadium.
They give a much better prize money to qualification players who need it. Ok, some players were not happy about the positive test ? But what about Pella and Dellien in the US who could not leave their rooms for more than 10 days with a similar situation as Dzumhur trainer ? At least Dzumhur and his trainer were allowed to leave the French territory...so again easy to criticize but each country has its own protocol and players have to follow the rules, they know it before travelling. If they don't want it, they can stay home like Kyrgios or Barty do.
Sorry this is a total shit post, we can be happy as fans to see tournaments on television and players can be happy to practice their sport and earn money. Those who don't agree with the rules can choose to stay home and shut their mouth.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
To their credit, the French always been known as the worst organized slam. They are just doubling down
Pretty much this. FO organization has always been lacking in quality and lagging behind all other slams. And that when everything was fine and dandy. There was zero chance to avoid a gargantuan mess under objectively very complicated circumstances.

Reactions: yellow grass
1 - 17 of 17 Posts