Mens Tennis Forums banner

341 - 357 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
As mentioned numerous times already, the edit limit is still occurring: 'You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days'

The Games Section and Tournaments Section ideally should have unlimited editing capability.

·
73,507 Posts
All right I'm confused here about the possibly of changes in color of the forum background. In some posts here it seems like it is going to be done, but in other places it sounds like it's not going to be done. Which is it? I think there may be some confusion in this thread due to the fact that different workers are posting in the thread and perhaps everyone is not on the same page? @Steve

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Edits return 7 days after using them. So 7 days after your first edit was used you will be able to use it again.

-Gerrit
But I'm running a game and I need that edit access soon for the Australian Open. How am I supposed to update my thread with this restriction in place without bothering the mods?

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
But I'm running a game and I need that edit access soon for the Australian Open. How am I supposed to update my thread with this restriction in place without bothering the mods?
Right now I would suggest daily at the end of the thread is your best option , as far as I can tell it’s a limit of 10 a week combined from my experience in the first 2 weeks of TT, just doesn’t accomplish anything for the games, and it’s obvious this fixes are taking quite a bit of time , probably not as easy as we would think .

For Tennis tipping I’ll just do everything at the end daily and complete information at the end after finished and tag the rankings person in the last post , not the normal but a solution for now without needing to bug mods for help every day .

·
73,507 Posts
It isn't that it is a bother to the Mods to do things at all! But it is just so inconvenient to have to have a Mod do what the game manager should be able to do! It's just that the people working for V/S don't understand anything about the games which sadly is really hurting the games on the forum. Which is really taking it toll on forum usage. I quit playing TT myself. I saw the mess that this was going to be plus with the background problem I just gave up. My Doubles partner since he only played games has quit the forum completely.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
3. Allow formatting inside codes. While the code thing you mentioned early is cool, for a tennis forum it's a bit useless.
It seems that using "rich code" solves this problem ;)
Rich (BB code):
Nadal, Rafael (1)............ vs  Dellien, Hugo............... (3-37)
Johnson, Steve............... vs  Federer, Roger (3).......... (32-3)
Struff, Jan-Lennard.......... vs  Djokovic, Novak (2)......... (28-4)

·
Registered
630 Posts
It's annoying how you can't see exactly what time a post was made. It just says "4 days ago" or "12 hours ago". This is not very good when you are managing a tournament in the Games section that has deadlines concerning time. For example, many games require players to submit their picks before a certain time, or their picks don't count. In the past, every post would have a timestamp that was specific down to the minute.

I made this post "moments ago". Let's see how many "moments" it takes for somebody to respond with a resolution.

·
73,507 Posts
It's annoying how you can't see exactly what time a post was made. It just says "4 days ago" or "12 hours ago". This is not very good when you are managing a tournament in the Games section that has deadlines concerning time. For example, many games require players to submit their picks before a certain time, or their picks don't count. In the past, every post would have a timestamp that was specific down to the minute.

I made this post "moments ago". Let's see how many "moments" it takes for somebody to respond with a resolution.
I feel so very sorry for all the game managers! All of you work hard doing these games and now this new forum has just made things more difficult for you.

I might also add I have noticed that the time isn't right anyway. I'll do a post see the "moments ago" do some more posting and notice the first post I did now says I did it an hour ago when it was not done that long ago!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have waited way more than 7 days to try to edit certain posts (according to the error message, they should be editable by now). If I can only edit "10 posts within 7 days", then I would like to know which 10 posts I have edited that are causing the blockage.

·
Super Moderator
9,989 Posts
I have waited way more than 7 days to try to edit certain posts (according to the error message, they should be editable by now). If I can only edit "10 posts within 7 days", then I would like to know which 10 posts I have edited that are causing the blockage.
They're trying to find a solution. There's nothing we can do right now but wait. I know it's inconvenient but if you need help editing posts, report the post and write a description of what you need help with or contact an admin/moderator.

·
73,507 Posts
@Steve is there anyway to block someone from following you?

·
Administrator
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
As noted, this is something we're hoping to produce a resolution for. I will provide more information when I can.

@Steve is there anyway to block someone from following you?
From this account? No. Site staff can't be ignored. If the person in question is not site staff you can "ignore" them; however that doesn't effectively block them from following you.

Searching tool doesn't work too well, it doesn't show all results. For example:

Elly's search results in Australian Open sub-forum:
https://www.menstennisforums.com/search/39823/

Two of her/his posts are missing:
PAW AO 2020 (corrected standings in post #206, picks history #207 & #208)
PAW AO 2020 (corrected standings in post #206, picks history #207 & #208)
For clarification, when searching for the user "Elly" in this forum, these two results will never populate. Even if specified for such, or do they not populate only in a general search?

-Gerrit

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
For clarification, when searching for the user "Elly" in this forum, these two results will never populate. Even if specified for such, or do they not populate only in a general search?

-Gerrit
As you can see below, I chose name "Elly", forum Australian Open and as a result there were just 3 out 5 posts this user posted there.

341 - 357 of 357 Posts