Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's be real here, it does not get better than this.

I'm already getting nostalgic.

Our beloved sport has peaked in the past decades, and it's mainly thanks to Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray

And now they are all coming together for one glorious goodbye. It's so fucking wonderful.

Let us all come together and celebrate, people. It was one hell of a ride

Smile Suit trousers Dress shirt Bow tie Coat

Suit trousers Coat Tie Smile Dress shirt

·
Registered
227 Posts
I so agree with you. These pictures already feel historical, and so will be the doubles with Roger tonight.

Yet the war with so many threads that all boil down to "who is the GOAT" in numerous variations will always be so much more in numbers compared to the celebration of all these greats together. People's tribalism is just sad :/

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
yes I must say to have three champions of such high quality has been immense. I will miss Federer greatly, but I have accepted it more readily since he's been injured for so long already.

·
Registered
Stan Wawrinka
6,372 Posts
This week sums up the last 20 years with all those Laver Cup stories and images,
with Delpo tweeting about the photo and with Stan beating Medvedev in Metz, being in the shadow of Roger Federer one more time and one last time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mixed feelings here - Give it some time, years from now the Big 3 era will come under closer scrutiny and I'm fairly confident the negatives will be exposed, giving us a more realistic view of things.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Big three era is really special. They took revenues and prize money to other level. Created rivalry and saved tennis from random winners. As they showed star players sell sports. And kept the popularity of tennis going. And if we include Murray and stan, that is 69 out of 77 slams. Great stat. Winning 63 of 77 slams since 2003 wimbledon is huge. 19.25 seasons of combined dominance by three people.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Yep, I can see at least another 2 of them retiring within the next 1-2 years, with Novak probably carrying on for a bit. The 2008-2012 era of tennis truly was special.

With Roger and Serena (probably) going this year, father time is catching up with them all.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts