Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wayne Ferreira def Juan Ferrero 7-6, 7-6, 6-1 :D He played sooo sooo well. Juan was ok but not great and his attitude was not one of a fighter.

Sorry Juan :sad:

But I am really really happy for 31 year old Wayne. Semifinals: 33 year old Agassi vs 31 year old Ferreira.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I was going to ask if you enjoyed the orgasm, but read the content of the thread first ;)

I like Wayne, so I won't piss on him. I've moved away from the sour loser bit, these days.

Besides, this is hardly his most pathetic slam loss. That honour goes to Jeff Morrison. No, this was respectable, even if he was the fave.

How is irony for you? Wayne and Younes both should have been out of the tournament, if not for Mardy acting 2, and Justin getting injured. Funny how things turn out.

If nothing else, at least Ferrero can go back to Spain after the best Aussie campagne of his career.

I still have doubts that the boy has enough balls in his body to win a major, but that's for another topic.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I would have expected Juanqui to face Agassi. Wayne has been doing well here. One thing about Juanqui is he losses unexpectedly. At least for me he does.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Rebecca said:

I still have doubts that the boy has enough balls in his body to win a major, but that's for another topic.
:eek: This coming from you Becca?

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Well Wayne is not a terrible loss - he was once a top ten player, and for good reason.

But, Ferrero was the favourite.

Ferrero the favourite = Ferrero folding like a chump

Not the first two sets, where he was statistically no better than Wayne. It is the third set that is a grade A dissapointment.

·
Registered
496 Posts
:sad: :( Juanqui Lost! :sad: :(

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice posts Becca. :D Thanks for reading the content too. I just really enjoyed Wayne's style cuz it felt like every shot was the right one. He attacked safely and defended brilliantly. I only like to watch tennis players who play that way cuz then I can watch their game and marvel at how they execute their strategy. I don't like watching people who some crazy shots and then make a bunch of silly errors. Of course hitting some great shots when you have no other choice is AWESOME and makes tennis great but playing smart point in and point out and knowing how to handle every situation is what I like watching.

I think JCF is getting better and better at developing his strategies. He is slowing learning to control his weapons, developing a great backhand especially off of flat shots (tougher with a two hander off of topspin), improving his serve and his volleys. I think he needs to RETURN better. Not go for so many low percentage returns and also work on mixing it up just a bit more, maybe some more slice when on the defensive, develop better lobs to complement his passing game. Ferreira and a lot of guys know that coming in on key points often works on Juan Carlos. I don't think he hit one good defensive or offensive lob all day long and it would have helped him on some VERY IMPORTANT points.

·
Registered
496 Posts
This AO, IMO, has become a flat out disaster! ugg! Oh Well, I'll be fine by the end of the day. :D

I really don't care who wins now. ;)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
King Scotso of Aragon said:
All I can say is that Roddick, Agassi, and Ferreira should be happy that Escude, Fish, and Youzhny are chokers.
& then im the one bitching? :rolleyes:

Btw Becca i would be VERY surprised if Ferrero would win this match. In some clay or hardcourt event MAYBE Ferrero can beat Wayne, but on RebAce, grass or indoor? nah.

Go Wayne :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Now I know whom I really wnat to win the whole thing..;)

Go Wayne! We need an African GS winner after all..;)

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
martinatreue said:

I think JCF is getting better and better at developing his strategies. He is slowing learning to control his weapons, developing a great backhand especially off of flat shots (tougher with a two hander off of topspin), improving his serve and his volleys. I think he needs to RETURN better. Not go for so many low percentage returns and also work on mixing it up just a bit more, maybe some more slice when on the defensive, develop better lobs to complement his passing game. Ferreira and a lot of guys know that coming in on key points often works on Juan Carlos. I don't think he hit one good defensive or offensive lob all day long and it would have helped him on some VERY IMPORTANT points.
Thanks for saying all these, martinatreue :). It's nice to hear someone has something nice to say about him these days and I mean it. You must not be a Ferrero fan. I can't think enough of how bad everything is for him at this point, and I'm kicking myself while cursing him for his loss :sad::eek: :sad:. And I've promised myself I won't bitch on him anymore.

Anyway, Wayne played a very good match, a solid veteran effort just like he did to Fish. Nothing too fancy, just plain smart solid tennis. I always like him, he pulled out some great upsets in the past. This one is not so great for me but a good upset for him nonetheless. And I congratulate him for reaching another Aussie SF. I hope he can beat Agassi, though he never does that before. Agassi is not going to hand that to him, that's for sure.

Anyway, good luck in the next round, Wayne!

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
i don't really wasn't expecting this, but anyway, Congratulations Wayne! :)

Blast Andre, please!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts