Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it's time to give Odesnik some love. After qualifying in D.C., he's beaten Adrian Garcia and more impressively, Juan Martin Del Potro, to reach the round of 16 where he'll face either Benjamin Becker or John Isner.

The Del Potro score was 3-6, 7-6(10), 6-3

Odesnik is only 21-years-old. This result gives him an excellent chance to receive another U.S. Open wild card. He definitely deserves one IMO. He's currently ranked #189, and has had some good showings on the Challenger circuit in additon to his performance in D.C.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Isner it is. One of them is going to reach the QFs and collect at least 50 points. Tommy Haas is the likely opponent for the winner.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Wayne is a good grinder, his problem is lack of a major weapon. Good win for him over Del Potro today, but Wayne's first ATP win was long overdue. I've been saying that Odesnik is going to win an ATP match sooner or later since 2004 and he finally did it yesterday. :eek:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odesnik beat Jan Hernych 6-4, 6-0 in the first round of qualifying in Montreal. He faces George Bastl is the final round.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Very impressive from Wayne, I think he can beat Bastl. Good to see he has picked up where he left off in DC. :cool:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Congrats and good luck against Ljubicic Wayne.

If you can give Isner as difficult a match in Washington as you

did, no reason why you should not have a chance to win in this

encounter.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yes. Ivan's game revolves around his serve, just like Isner. With

this being Ljubicic's first hard court tournament after coming

over from Europe, if Odesnik plays as well as he did against

Isner's big serve, he will compete very well with Ivan.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Chaos, do you know why there is an extra line between the sentences in your posts? It's strange that only yours are like that.

Anyway, it's nice to see Wayne on TV (Tennis Channel), but it's making me giggle that one of the stripes on his shirt points straight to his crotch. Not sure when he started wearing Lotto clothes and shoes, but it's nice to see him in some color.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Wayne is playing very well at the moment. Playing Isner must make Ivan's serve seem tame. Ivan's shirt is :help:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
He is playing well, and he's keeping his head together. All that time in Europe must have done some good for him. He's up a break now and looks completely calm out there.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
I know, booooooo, switch back. :ras:

We need interactive cable in the US. I want to see 'poor man's Nadal' (yes, someone actually said that about Wayne last October at the Sacramento Challenger).

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Odesnik takes out Ljubicic!!! Wow!

Some of the young Americans are coming of age.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
This is such an impressive win for Wayne. He must be out of his head right now.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Not surprising. The situation made it clear Wayne,with his level

of play at the moment, had a fantastic opportunity in this match.

Good luck in the next round.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts