1 GS
4 GS runner-up
5 MS
career high: #1 (6 weeks)

Who is greater currently?

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Do we account for Wawrinka's shorts in this comparison?

And to answer your question: Roddick by a little bit. If Stan won one or two more masters I'd give it to him.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Please .. Roddick is a nobody ... a radio talk show host. Roddick never had to beat a player like Nole or Rafa to win a slam. Even my grandma would have beaten Ferrero at US Open

·
Registered
375 Posts
People are actually saying Roddick here? What a fucking joke. Especially now with two Slams, Stan of course takes it.

I hate adding legitimacy to stupid threads by responding to them... But had to here.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Roddick's career and backhand are a joke, Stan is the far superior player and this final solidifies that.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Hard to say.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Roddick's resume is stronger but if they were both on their A game Wawrinka would destroy Roddick on every surface except grass.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
I actually think peak Roddick beat peak Wawrinka on hard court and grass. Roddick would most likely outserve Wawrinka, his serve was fekin huge.

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Wawrinka and it's not even close.

2 Slam wins beating two of the best players ever > 1 Slam beating Ferrero at the USO :)haha:) + any number of Masters.

Roddick choked big time in 2009 at Wimbledon, Wawrinka did not today.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Americans saying Wawrinka hahaha.

There's your answer.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I gotta go with Roddick.

He was World number 1, won way more masters titles, and if he had played some weaker opponents in his 4 grand slam finals losses instead of having to go through Federer, Federer, Federer, and Federer then he would probably have more slams than Wawrinka as well.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
A slight edge to Wawrinka. Despite that he never reached no.1 spot and wasn't close to the top for such long time, he won 3 different Slams while defeating greatest tennis players and showing brutally high level of tennis. That won't be forgotten for a some time...

·
Registered
14,455 Posts
I gotta go with Roddick.

He was World number 1, won way more masters titles, and if he had played some weaker opponents in his 4 grand slam finals losses instead of having to go through Federer, Federer, Federer, and Federer then he would probably have more slams than Wawrinka as well.

This argument would be valid if Wawrinka had beaten only mugs to win his 3 Slams.

Reactions: chilazon
1 - 20 of 25 Posts